Demolition, Hart Foundation & The Bulldogs

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Could tag teams like Demolition, Hart Foundation & The Bulldogs be competitive in today's style?

I feel as if all 3 teams could be a huge success these days. The Hart Foundation would have either Jimmy Hart or Jim Neidhart (Depending on whether you'd want them heels or not) as the talker. Bret meanwhile, could carry the matches.

You may need to change Demolition's look a bit though. It would come off as fairly cheesy if they looked the way they did in 89. Mr Fuji as their manager would make them even more over. Smarks may not be a huge fan of theirs though.

The Bulldogs would be the smarks favorite, but without a talker (Neither Dyno or Davey Boy were decent at talking) they could struggle to get over some. If you just put them against the likes of the Hart Foundation or Miz/Morrison, the in ring work would be enough to get the fans to like them though.

Shooting_Palanx

The Rock is cooking atm..
Given todays fast paced style of wrestling, I don't think they would fair as much this time around as opposed to back than.

It's simply faster and more endurance driven....

They'd probably be able to hold their own as tag teams, but to compete with the current tag teams, they probably wouldn't stand a chance imo.

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
Could tag teams like Demolition, Hart Foundation & The Bulldogs be competitive in today's style?

I feel as if all 3 teams could be a huge success these days. The Hart Foundation would have either Jimmy Hart or Jim Neidhart (Depending on whether you'd want them heels or not) as the talker. Bret meanwhile, could carry the matches.

You may need to change Demolition's look a bit though. It would come off as fairly cheesy if they looked the way they did in 89. Mr Fuji as their manager would make them even more over. Smarks may not be a huge fan of theirs though.

The Bulldogs would be the smarks favorite, but without a talker (Neither Dyno or Davey Boy were decent at talking) they could struggle to get over some. If you just put them against the likes of the Hart Foundation or Miz/Morrison, the in ring work would be enough to get the fans to like them though.
I'm not sure how it would work this day in age. I think Demolition's look would be fine because of the PG format. The problem they and the other two would have most is the WWE just doesn't tag teams anymore.

Demolition was a smash mouth team and there's still a place for that. Hart Foundation had a technical wrestler and a smash mouth guy...that's a typical team. The Bulldogs were both technical and powerful...they were the perfect team. I think it could work for those teams if the WWE was willing to push them.