• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

DeMarcus Cousins traded to Pelicans

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I don't know how Davis and Cousins fit together, but if they do, that's a hell of a 1-8 matchup with the Warriors. They have trouble with both of those guys on their own.

TheRealVJ

Registered Member
I don't know how Davis and Cousins fit together, but if they do, that's a hell of a 1-8 matchup with the Warriors. They have trouble with both of those guys on their own.

It will be interesting. The David Robinson - Tim Duncan comparisons are already being made, and rightfully so. But the NBA is much different than it was back then. The thing with Davis and Cousins is that they have a similar game, where they prefer to handle the ball more than the average big, and can shoot from deep. Though, each has a weakness that can turn this whole thing into a wreck. DeMarcus Cousins temper will be the end-all with him, and the more he picks up the more he puts his team at risk. Meanwhile, Davis can never stay healthy. Always gets himself hurt somehow. So as much as this thing could be historical, it can also be a major disappointment if the guys don't break out of their ways

BourneofDarkness15

Registered Member
Based on the talent alone, they would be a very hard to beat duo. The problem with that take is Davis is coachable, Cousins has continued to prove he's uncoachable. If Cousins can actually stop acting like an angry child then this could work well for everyone involved and New Orleans could be a force for a few years.