• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Dell Inspiron TOO HOT!

reviewer

Registered Member
I found that my Dell laptop got very hot as well when used normally (for me, just multitasking office applications - no heavy graphics card or anything).

Python

Sssssuper Platinum ******
Are you keeping the vents clear? I had a habit of lying on my nice plush carpet or on a blanket in bed when using it. Big mistake but I know beter now and only use it on a desk or in my lap. I'm thiking of getting a laptop riser/holder but they are around $50.00 so I am dragging my feet on it until I see a real bargin.

I also notice when I use the laptop with the AC adapter it get warmer and the AC adapter gets hot as well. If I disconnect the battery with the AC adapter in, it gets cool so now I always use it that way and only charge it with the battery off.

I hope this will help you out a bit.

Steve

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
ATARIGUY Technology 4
goingtopshelf Baseball 0
StroShow NFL 17
Babe_Ruth NFL 1
Millz NFL 3