• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Dell Drivers Help Please

ATARIGUY

Beermister
My best friend has an Dell D830 Laptop (Windows 7) and he needs updated drivers and I am trying to locate a website that
will allow me to download all drivers either in a zip file or in a folder so I can transfer them to his laptop. . . . . . .

Any help would be appreciated thanks in advance. . . . . . .

Impaired

Registered Member
Dell doesn't have that. However, you can upgrade to Windows 10 for free and it will probably find drivers for it.

Download Windows 10
There is a button, 'Download tool now' click that and it will upgrade you to Windows 10 free and legal.

dDave

Registered Member
V.I.P.
Dell Command Update should have everything you need. It's a program put out by Dell and manages driver updates and all that for you.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I second @Impaired. You should advise them to update to Windows 10 as Microsoft is no longer supporting Windows 7. It's going to get increasingly unsafe to use Windows 7.

dDave

Registered Member
V.I.P.
I second @Impaired. You should advise them to update to Windows 10 as Microsoft is no longer supporting Windows 7. It's going to get increasingly unsafe to use Windows 7.
And then there's that. People don't seem to understand the security risks associated with unsupported versions of Windows.

Windows 10 may be a slight learning curve but that's a lot better than getting a virus or someone stealing your info.

Reactions: Doc