• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Delivering bad news

Bliss

Sally Twit
Nobody likes to be the bearer of bad news, but I was just wondering if any of you have ever had to give bad news to someone?
How difficult was it for you?

Danno

Registered Member
Thankfully, I've never had to do anything as serious yet.

The closest I've come to it I guess, was finding my brothers hamster had died in it's cage.

I wrapped it up in my boxer shorts in the hope it wasn't dead and I might have kept it warm. He didn't see it that way and got upset.

HusamShareefy

Registered Member
actually... I have never been in such situation... also I have an issue with this thing.. when I imagin myself bearing a bad news I terrifying of this thought... of course the serious things I mean.. not the simple ones....

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
Fortunately I don't remember giving anyone bad news. I'm sure it'd be very difficult for me to do that but I'm sure it'd be better to say the truth than keep it hidden.

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
Have never been the bearer of bad news, I think it would kill me watching their reaction than the pain they get from hearing the bad news. I hope that this responsibility never falls into my hands.

Impact

V.I.P.
I've had to be the bearer of bad news a few times, but the worst was when I had to tell my best friend at the time that one of our good friends had died. I got a phonecall telling me about it, and she was in the room with me so she already knew something was up but actually getting the words out and watching her reaction was awful.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
I'm not sure if I've ever had to deliver bad news . . .

Okay once and that was letting my mother know Michael Jackson had died. My mother is a serious superfan of his and upon my telling her, she freaked out and didn't leave the TV for hours, crying the whole time. I felt bad, but I knew she'd want to know.

Dabs

Registered Member
Yeah, I had to tell my brother and my Dad's brother, the day my Dad died.
My brother was an asshole, so I won't go into that. But it was hard for me to get back home and call my Uncle and tell him, that his brother had just passed away.
Then when my Mother passed away, I remember having to call one of her bestest friends, and telling her over the phone.
Please God, don't make me do shit like that again *sigh*

Last edited:

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
I had to tell all my friends about my girlfriend getting killed about 7 years ago. Receiving it was hard enough, but actually muttering those words to others was even harder because a lot of my friends were good friends for her. I guess it was because I had to hear others get hurt by doing this that made it even more painful for me.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Thankfully, I've never had to deliver bad news. Usually when someone in my family dies my parents are the first one to know and they'll tell me and my brother. I know one day it's going to happen, and I'm not sure I'm ready for it. I'm a very emotional person when it comes to stuff like this. So I wouldn't be surprised if I broke in tears while telling this person the bad news.