Delgado hits career home run...

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Babe_Ruth, Aug 23, 2006.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

With two home runs last night Carlos Delgado reaches career home run 400. That is a very impressive mark, and with at least four more good years left he should join the 500 club. I am very hopeful that he reaches that club. Also I am glad that he will make the playoffs for the first time this season.

Congratulations.

2. Cowboy Up

Cowboy Up Guest

Even when he was hitting homers against Boston I was a fan of the guy. I always thought he was very classy and he's an excellent hitter. Congrats to him.

3. Hoosier_Daddy

Hoosier_Daddy Registered Member

He's been pretty tame in NY. At one time he was on par with Bonds for the asshole of the year award with the media.

Hoosier.

4. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I don't know how he is with the media in New York, but here in Toronto he was a class act with the media, and he talked to everyone, even if he hada bad day. Also I wouldn't agree with you that he is having a par year with the Mets he has over 32 homeruns, and he's close to 100 rbi's with one month left. He should be able to reach the 100 rbi platteau, and if he becomes really hot he might reach 40 home runs.

5. Hoosier_Daddy

Hoosier_Daddy Registered Member

Vince, I didn't say he was having a par year with the Mets. What I said was at one time, as I recall it, he was on par with Bonds for the asshole of the year award with the media.

Hoosier.