• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Del Rio vs Drew McIntyre

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
If you saw Summerslam you saw that Alberto Del Rio was sporting a black left eye plus bruises on this face and ear. Here is what, apparently, happened to cause that...

According to reports, the reason Alberto Del Rio was sporting a black eye heading into his match with Christian at the SummerSlam pay-per-view on Sunday night was because of a physical altercation that took place either late Saturday night, or early into Sunday.

While there isn't a lot of specifics that can be provided at this point, it is known that the World Heavyweight Champion was involved in a real-life brawl with fellow WWE Superstar Drew McIntyre. Apparently the two got into a scuffle at some point, and the fight resulted in noticeable physical damage to both men.

WWE explained the black eye during the pay-per-view by saying it was the result of Christian hitting the Killswitch on Del Rio during Friday's edition of SmackDown. However, the black eye, as well as a lot of the bruises on Del Rio's face, were the direct result of the fight with McIntyre.

We should have an update on this story early Monday morning.
I wonder what happened to spark that?

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Chosen one vs. Destiny, huh? :lol:

That's crazy and unexpected. I almost hope it has more to do with Del Rio starting it because he's already a main eventer and a part of me always hopes Drew will get a second chance to shine.

I have a feeling we'll never know the details.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
We've got new details on this...it was not a fight between Del Rio and McIntyre itself...Drew came to Alberto's aid...

More details have come to light regarding the story we published late Sunday night involving the real-life brawl featuring WWE Superstars Alberto Del Rio and Drew McIntyre.

As the story goes, the two were at an Irish pub on Saturday night and a physical altercation broke out between Del Rio and several of the patrons at the establishment. According to one eye-witness, Del Rio got involved in a verbal confrontation with a gentleman, when several of his friends stepped in. This led to the physicality that broke out, and apparently fellow WWE Superstar McIntyre jumped in on behalf of Del Rio. Apparently the two were beaten up pretty good.

When Del Rio returned to the hotel, he had two black eyes, bad bruising and swelling, and was attempting to cover his face so that he would not be spotted by anyone in the lobby. Del Rio was accompanied by McIntyre, who didn't have as much actual facial damage, but was said to be pretty lumped up as well.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I know it's bad for superstars to get into fights like this but, hey, it's bound to happen from time to time. I think it's awesome that McIntyre helped the main eventer like that. Maybe The Chosen One can get a push as a reward hahaha. I still think Chosen One and Destiny linking to some kind of tag team would be suh-weeeeeet!