• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Dekoichi and Skelengel

Turbo

Registered Member
Both of these cards have a flip/draw effect. Some people are saying that Skelengel is too little too late since Dekoichi was released first. And in recent conversations people feel that Skelengel's lower stats makes it useless compared to Dekoichi.

But, this could give Chaos a new kick. Now that deck type has both a light and dark flip/draw card. Its true that not every deck should run both, but it should be considered. After all, you could run 1 Skelengal as NoC bait so you don't loose your Choo-Choo.

K

KarThief88x

I personally Still prefer Deikoichi over Skelengel. Deikochi's overall stats are better. Most likely to survive an attack from Sangan and if need be, can suicide with a Don Zaloog if need be. You can actually flip summon Deikoichi and your worry of it being attacked and you taking damage is not too big of a concern...with Skelengel...good chance it that it will die.

Frank D.
Team NeXus

Kos4Evr

Registered Member
Look at it this way, Chaos has so many darks it can run, now it finally has a good light to use as chaos food. Also, Dark Mimic LV1 was released before Dekoichi and can potentially thin the deck if it survives long enough to search out Dark Mimic LV3. Dekoichi is just a better chump blocker + draw that can suicide with a searcher. Not that you would want to because they get the search and you lose your monster. Skelengel, Dark Mimic LV1 and Dekoichi are all about the same to me. They aren't for offensive purposes only adding speed to the deck.

G

Gotenks1215

Chaos surprisingly doesn't have that many great options in the light department. I think it IS a little too late for Skel to make a real impact on the game. Running 3 deko's is too much now anyway, so why would you want to run a 3rd/4th/5th/6th? Besides, Merchant is a better light flip for chaos anyway.

lavoidgaskins

Registered Member
KarThief88x said:
I personally Still prefer Deikoichi over Skelengel. Deikochi's overall stats are better. Most likely to survive an attack from Sangan and if need be, can suicide with a Don Zaloog if need be. You can actually flip summon Deikoichi and your worry of it being attacked and you taking damage is not too big of a concern...with Skelengel...good chance it that it will die.

Frank D.
Team NeXus
In addition to that the train could be used Whit the other train to give even more advantage.

W

WBLisdaman

My first thoughts for Skelengel were a fairy deck or light based deck. Dekoichi is just too good anywhere else.

Y

yatagirlofchaos

Dekoichi is just plain old better. It has better stats than Skelangel, and while Skelangel is typically useless in battle of after the voluntary flip, Dekoichi has a decent 1400 ATk which isn't too bad for a creature with it's effect. So it can serve also as an attacker if needed. And, you gain more card advantage if you have any Boikechi the Freightening Car on your side of the field :D

I

Indignation

Dekoichi is Dark and Machine - 1400 atk flip effect makes it just that much better.