Defunct Campionships

Discussion in 'Wrestling' started by wooly, Jan 21, 2009.

?

Which titles would you like to see return?

1. The European Championship

25.0%
  2. The Hardcore Championship

33.3%
  3. The Cruiserweight Title

33.3%
  4. A brand new Championship

25.0%
  5. None, there's enough already.

25.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. wooly

wooly I am the woolrus

Which titles, if any, would you like to see return to the WWE?

Personally i think having a third tier championship like the European Championship, probably on Raw, would be a good idea, as it'd give something for mid-carders to feud over and get over with the fans.

The Hardcore championship was one of my favourites in the WWE, but i know it's not going to happen. It'd be nice if ECW was still somewhat like ECW and could take the Hardcore Championship but well.... it's not.

The Cruiserweight title was always enjoyable but i don't know if the WWE would have enough cruiserweight mid-carders on one show to sustain it. If there was enough cruiserweight talent on one show to make having a championship viable, it's something i'd love to see come back to the WWE.

2. WesJones87

WesJones87 RayzorBlade87

I'd like the European Title to be a third tier, definitely, but what could be the SmackDown counterpart?

Also, I'd like to see WWE have a TV title, that gets defended every show. It'd be a nice way for the talent to get over with the fans, and to test which superstars fare better with the gold than others.

3. generalblue

generalblue Where is my Queen?

I would love to see the European Title back in the WWE. But first they need to bring the prestige back to the IC title...which I think that the WWE is doing right now. Now the Hardcore Title was a fun title and I actually think they should bring back for shits and gigs and have low midcarders get a push. Have the champion be on both Smackdown and Raw. Now the Cruiserweight Title will never come back. WWE does not have a indepth roster of cruiserweights.

4. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I think a lot of people will vote Hardcore Championship in this thread, with good reasons. But I am almost 100% it will never come back. You probably notice that there's not a lot of hardcore matches anymore in the WWE, that's because it takes a toll on the wrestler, especially on the head and brain. So the WWE are more careful today then they were ten years ago, because they've learned the side effects on the wrestler when he has to go through those matches.

The Cruiserweight shouldn't be brought back because the WWE doesn't have any cruiserweight to wrestler for the belt. In my opinion they never really did. I just wish the WWE had the same cruiserweight division that WCW had, that was so entertaining and fun to watch, since they had so many cruiserweights.

I wouldn't mind having the European belt back as well. I would defenitely put the title on Raw. But the only thing is this. If they have problems making the Intercontenental title work and same thing with the Tag Teams titles, than they would have the same problem with the European title.

Personally I believe they have enough titles as it is. They just need to make the IC or Tag Team holders defend it more like they did in the 80's and 90's.

My two cents.

5. Millz

Millz Black 7! Staff Member V.I.P.

Weirdly enough I picked a new championship and none, we have enough already. I guess my thinking is that I'd love a television title in the WWE. The rule being that they have to defend it at least once a week at one of the three shows. I dont care which one...or maybe they pick.

On the other hand we've got enough frickin titles. Can we get rid of that stupid divas title? We dont need two!

6. Ryuk

Ryuk Registered Member

Only title that I think should be brought back is the Cruiserweight title. As far as I'm concerned Vince has always had the talent on his roster to put together a division that blows TNA's X-Division out of the water and thensome, yet there was never even an attempt to do so.
    ------
    QFT. And with the Bella Twins hanging around you start to wonder if they'll bring back a womens tag team title (very seriously they had it in the 80's, it lasted all of two seconds).

Last edited: Jan 21, 2009
  7. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

I always hated the Euro belt, I'd much rather see the hardcore title return, it's a hell of a lot more entertaining to boot.

8. BigBob

BigBob Registered Member

I actually really liked the.. was it the Tag-Team Cruiserweight titles from WCW? ..OF COURSE I loved the Hardcore Title though.

9. wooly

wooly I am the woolrus

There's probably the talent on the roster alright but if the title was exclusive to one show, i'd hate to see almost all the cruiserweight wrestlers move to one show to accommodate the title. Then another show would be left with nothing but Vince's musclemen as mid-carders...... I'd like there to be a proper cruiserweight division but i don't think one show has enough cruiserweight talent on it just yet.

10. Millz

Millz Black 7! Staff Member V.I.P.

I do remember the womens tag titles. If the women could go to either show i wouldnt mind them getting rid of the divas title and bringing those back. but not for one solo show.

The European title was a fun belt while it lasted but really would serve no purpose now days. Since there is a brand split youd really have to make two, third steer titles and thats getting a little ridiculous.

And WWE is getting away from hardcore matches so that belt will be dead forever...it was entertaining for the era in which it was defended but thats about it.