• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Deep Purple's Jon Lord Dies, Age 71

wooly

I am the woolrus
Very sad day for music, it was announced a few hours ago that the founder of Deep Purple has died, after a long battle with pancreatic cancer. He was THE original keyboard rock god. In my opinion undoubtedly the greatest rock keyboardist of all time and one of the most influential musicians of any instrument in rock/metal history.

A few fine performances from the lord of keyboards:

Deep Purple - Child in Time HD 1970 ( UK TV show ) full version - YouTube
Deep Purple Lazy - YouTube

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
They had one song that I really like "Smoke On The Water." RIP Jon Lord. Seems a lot of movie and rock stars have been dieing lately.

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
I have only just seen this on the BBC News site and I am very sad by this. Deep purple have never been a band that I listened to a lot but they were one of the bands my dad introduced me to when I was growing up and started listening to rock music and this band no doubt made an impression on the world of music.