• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Declining Aid for Refugees.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
The sheer number of Syrian refugees on the move is straining humanitarian aid agencies. The United Nations' main refugee agency, the office of the U.N. High Commissioner on Refugees, says it is financially broke, making it difficult to help millions of Syrians living in refugee camps in neighboring countries. Aid workers say the deteriorating situation in the camps is forcing more refugees to make the long and difficult trek to Europe.
http://www.npr.org/sections/paralle...fugees-needs-are-growing-and-aid-is-declining

Looks like to me it would be cheaper to give aid to the refugees in Turkey, Jordon and other places they are held up rather than having them overwhelm a country entering it illegally. Look at the cost of guarding a border and deportation not to mention housing, medical, food, hiring extra people to do all of this.

Which with 60 million refugees world wide taking care of them long term might be impossible. People seem to be tired of giving.

Thoughts?

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
Its a total no win and it will seriously affect tourism too. The migrants are homeless and they leave garbage all over. Now even Google is trying to collect donations but for what? Its like tossing money in the garbage if they dont have a plan. Even the EU doesnt know how to help those people.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Its incredibly expensive to take care of them. Some place I read 26 million a week. It would take people continually donating money and I think a lot of people are getting tired of giving.

We are probably going to end up with 100,000 ourselves. I don't mind helping refugees if they really are refugees. I find it curious that 72% of them are men. Not to mention some have their cell phones taking pictures with a selfie stick like they are on vacation.

http://forums.popmalt.com/t/lawmakers-bring-100-000-syrian-refugees-to-us.117796/

BourneofDarkness15

Registered Member
I don't wanna be 'that guy' but while I'm sure all of these refugees are suffering horribly, any of these countries should have the right to refuse to help any of them. Even kick them out of the country if needed, cause a lot of countries have enough problems with their own citizens.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I don't wanna be 'that guy' but while I'm sure all of these refugees are suffering horribly, any of these countries should have the right to refuse to help any of them. Even kick them out of the country if needed, cause a lot of countries have enough problems with their own citizens.
I agree, some of these countries aren't well off and have high unemployment rates. Taking care of refugees is expensive.