December 21st 2012

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Danno, Aug 25, 2010.

1. Danno

Danno Registered Member

So I have been reading up the whole doomsday 2012 business on the internet and wanted to get your guys thoughts on it really, as I have never bothered to take it seriously or discuss it with anyone else.

So what are your opinion's about the whole thing?

2. PhoenixOverdrive

PhoenixOverdrive Registered Member

I personally think it's a lot of hyped-up misinterpretation. I remember when people were talking about the year 2000 as being the end of the world. Back then my dad simply said that he'd seen 4-5 doomsday dates go by, all backed up by some evidence or other.

I really like this one site though. It puts things into perspective. It gives you both sides of the argument, and it's pretty in-depth. But since I can't put URLs in my posts yet, because I'm not a troll on speed and haven't posted enough to have the right to inform people in the most efficient manner, you guys aren't getting it.

Maybe in a week or so, if I remember.

3. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

Believe what you want, but the 2012 deal is a "new age" rather than a doomsday. There's going to be an election in 2012. If there's a colossal screwup in vote counting or some major controversy, it just might take them til december 21 to decide the new president (again) :lol: That could be a 'new age' too.

Point is, you can basically take anything and twist it to fit the 2012 prediction. Nothing to worry about.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2010
  4. Eraserhead

Eraserhead Registered Member

From what I heard, it's just the beginning of a new Mayan calendar? Nothing will happen anyway.

5. Xeilo

Xeilo Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

I laugh at all the people that are worried about the date, I know nothing will happen and am just going to go on with my life :)

6. PhoenixOverdrive

PhoenixOverdrive Registered Member

Actually, 2012 is about a mishmash of general prophecies from a few cultures, including Mayan.

The funny parts are that the Mayan calendar isn't a static one. Different Mayan cities had different calendars. Plus 2012 believers talk a lot about this 'galactic alignment' that will happen at that time when the earth and sun will form a line towards the center of the universe or whatnot.

It's true, they do. Only that happened in 1998. Far as I can see, we're still standing.

There's also talk about a shift in the earth's magnetic poles. That also happens every few million years. It also happens over an estimated 5000 year period and, well, doesn't do anything.

I say we guesstimate the next doomsday date. August 2019 anyone?

7. viLky

viLky ykLiv

While I don't believe anything will happen to the Earth - drastically, I do think there will be people who buy into the idea that something Earth shattering will happen and, thus, cause panic within. Riots, murders, muggings, rape, ect... leading up to that date just because of the people who believe something "big" will happen on Dec. 21st, 2012.

8. Danno

Danno Registered Member

If I have to spend all that money Christmas shopping and not even be here for Christmas day, God will be getting an earful from me I can tell you.

9. Envy

Envy Band Nerd ♫

Nothing will happen aside from a bunch of people going crazy.

Those of us who are sane will enjoy it. lol

10. Eraserhead

Eraserhead Registered Member

I can't help but wonder what all those lunatics who wrote those books about 2012 being the end of the world will say?

"Ummmmm, I always had a gut feeling we'd survive"