December 21st, 2012 - The End?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by viLky, Apr 10, 2008.

1. viLky

viLky ykLiv

Apparently, on December 21st, 2012 the world could possibly end. Take a ganger:

It should be noted at this point that December 21 2012 is not just another end-time prediction. This date marks a moment in time that has been foreseen and foretold by a variety of ancient cultures throughout the world, each without knowledge of the other. In addition and at the very same time, we will be witnesses to not one, but two astronomical events that have not taken place for 26,000 years. Many believe that absolutely nothing will happen on this date. Other see this as the coming of the end of the world, and still other believe that we are in for some sort of physiological change.

Source:
    December 21 2012 "101"

Pretty interesting. There are a lot of predictions for that time, but does that mean anything will actually happen? Here are some predictions of what COULD happen during 2012:
    It appears open to interpretation as to whether 2012 will bring total destruction or a transformation of our world. So, below are prophecies (not necessarily Mayan) for 2012:
    1. There have been three or four previous races and ages of humanity (depending upon the source you read). All of these have been destroyed in major cataclysms. December 21.2012 marks the end of this age and it will end in major catastrophes such as Earthquakes. (see commentary on this statement below)
    2. For half of the katun (20 year Mayan cycle) there will be food, for half some misfortunes. This katun brings the end of the "word of God." It is a time of uniting for a cause.
    3. As we pass through transition there is a colossal, global convergence of environmental destruction, social chaos, war and ongoing Earth changes.
    4. The Earth will undergo a magnetic field shift, reversing the polarity of the planet.
    5. An asteroid or comet will collide with the Earth.

Source: Predictions for 2012, 2012 Apocalypse, End of Days, Mayan Calendar, Mayan Prophecy, Bible Prophecy, Conspiracy Theory, Illuminati, New World Order, End World, Doomsday, End Times, 2012 End World, End of the World

That seems scary! >.<;

Why 2012?

Many people are discussing 2012 as the end of the world due to interpretations of predictions contained in the Mayan calendar. The Mayan civilization was extremely advanced in mathematics, engineering and astronomy. They also had an incredible understanding of time and space. Various calendars were in use to track time in linear progressions within cycles. The “Great Cycle” of the “Long Count” calendar equates to 5,125.36 years. The current Great Cycle is due to be completed on the winter solstice of 2012, December 21. So, it has been interpreted that on this day, the Great Cycle ends, time ends, so the Earth must end as well. However, there are different opinions on what this end date really means.

Source:
    Why 2012, Mayan Calendar, Mayan Prophecy, End of Days, 2012 Apocalypse, Bible Prophecy, Conspiracy Theory, Illuminati, New World Order, End World, Doomsday, End Times, 2012 End World, End of the World

So, do you believe in any of this mumbo-jumbo? Opinions?

2. Hiei

Hiei The Hierophant

Ahhh, the Mayan calendar. I was close.

At any rate, if you believe this, I bet you also believe in other bull shit conspiracy theories. Like how if you fold a $20 bill you can see the world trade center on fire.

3. Vincent_Valentine

Vincent_Valentine Studley-Do-Right

I've lost track of all the times that the world was supposed to end. I'm not betting my money on an apocalypse on that day.

And besides, if the Mayans were so smart, how come they're dead, huh?

4. Swiftstrike

Swiftstrike Registered Member

I wish I had my minute back after reading this.

Remember y2k? We have been in the age of the apocalypse for 8 years.

5. micfranklin

micfranklin Eviscerator

Well actually I tried that once and I really did see that image.

6. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

[​IMG]

BELIEEEEEVEEEEE

7. Hiei

Hiei The Hierophant

That's not the point I was trying to make. There are people out there that think that's the US knowing about the WTC attack.

8. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

Yeah what a crock that is. That was also a very funny South Park episode.

9. micfranklin

micfranklin Eviscerator

It was probably either a coincidence or a joke.

Anyway every forum I've been to has at least one thread about the Mayan calendar predicting the end of the world on 12.20.2012. Sure there's been plenty of times when they said the world would end but it does kinda creep me out.

10. viLky

viLky ykLiv

That's an awesome picture - I never knew!

Yeah, there are a lot of OTHER conspiracy theories out there, but this one is not like any other. If this one is to be proven wrong then that would destroy a lot of things that Mayans, Nostradamus and others have predicted.

Of course, I only believe God knows when the Earth will end and there is no need to have humans spread scared tactics around. I'm glad you posted the way you feel. *hugs*