Debate

Do you do Debate

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• What's Debate

• Other (AFF RESERVES THE RIGHT TO CLARIFY)

• Total voters

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
It depends what kind of debate you're talking about here. I'm assuming you mean some sort of organized discussion, correct? I've never been on a team or in tournaments for debating, but I'm always up for a casual one, as I'm sure many members of the forum can tell you.

S

Snarflax

I debate. Ugh. I got a PM on AIM this morning "HAY STAN HAVE U EVER BEEN TO NATIONALS?!?!" Oye I was trying to sleep

What in particular did you want to discuss about debate? How to do a proper Line-By-Line or how to not drop arguments (although the two go virtually hand in hand).

F

FCXShogun

Well Im not really a debator I mean if people want to discuss/debate stuff I just get into it and do my thing so I think Im in others...

A

Ant On A Log

They mean are you part of the NFL (national forensics league) or CFL (catholic forensics league) or shit like that. Like...are you on a debate team.

Yeah, I was on a debate team. Now I'm their assisstant coach.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I am not a debater because I aint good at it, but if anyone wants to have a sports debate then I am up for any challengers. Me and Godfather are having a great Basketball debate right now. Sports is my life and I know almost everything from the last 10 years.

S

shawnesty23

I've only debated about the following things: Wrestling, Sports and hip hop for the most part. If you guys debated about the follwing categories that I just named then I'd hold my own.

L

LoKi's Advocate

lets talk about my favorite round ever.

ex ren affirmative. plan: ban torture. advantages: terror, human rights.
1nc [me] PIC: ban torture except in case of 'ticking timebomb' scenario. net bens: geneva rights legitimacy, terror.
also demo promo off case.
also solvency for human rights.
also some topicality shell or sumthin.

2ac: THATS A TOPICAL CP! NO WAIZ! VOTE AFF!
cx of 2ac: uh, so, are you saying the basis of this round is the resolution instead of plan text?
:yeah
:uh, so, can we run disads on other cases? and have it matter?
:what? *judge in back of room tries not to laugh*
:uh, cx is over.

2nc: 7 mins of demo promo impact scenarios along with war on drugs shell w/ patriot act link and heg good shell w/ gitmo link

1nc: all of cp, both net bens, solvency, T, and still 45 seconds left for impact calc

1ar: THEIR NEW DISADS DON'T LINK TO CASE! <only response on them>
2nr: we win every single argument in this round.
2ar: i have long legs vote for me

judge after round: i don't even know where to start. so let me start with.. 2nr's analysis on winning everything is true.
judge walks out of the room.

at this point we're 4-0 at state. what, what

A

Ant On A Log

shawnesty23 said:
I've only debated about the following things: Wrestling, Sports and hip hop for the most part. If you guys debated about the follwing categories that I just named then I'd hold my own.
Dude. I do debate you in those topics.

Dr. Fresh

Mmmm.... Lesbians.
Awesome.

Sounded like a pretty hilarious round, Sevv

Oh noes, Stan! Someone pm'd you while you were sleeping. How would you know if someone pm'd you IF you WERE sleeping? Huh? Huh? That's what I thought.

So the point of this thread? I don't know. I'm just trying to get this active because I don't feel it's very active in responses. In this thread, we'll debate about whatever one wants to debate about. Fair enough? I think so.