Debate

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dr. Fresh, Aug 5, 2006.

?

Do you do Debate

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. What's Debate

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Other (AFF RESERVES THE RIGHT TO CLARIFY)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Dr. Fresh

Dr. Fresh Mmmm.... Lesbians.

Who does debate? If you're a debater, let's discuss debate.

2. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

It depends what kind of debate you're talking about here. I'm assuming you mean some sort of organized discussion, correct? I've never been on a team or in tournaments for debating, but I'm always up for a casual one, as I'm sure many members of the forum can tell you.

3. Snarflax

Snarflax Guest

I debate. Ugh. I got a PM on AIM this morning "HAY STAN HAVE U EVER BEEN TO NATIONALS?!?!" Oye I was trying to sleep

What in particular did you want to discuss about debate? How to do a proper Line-By-Line or how to not drop arguments (although the two go virtually hand in hand).

4. FCXShogun

FCXShogun Guest

Well Im not really a debator I mean if people want to discuss/debate stuff I just get into it and do my thing so I think Im in others...

5. Ant On A Log

Ant On A Log Guest

They mean are you part of the NFL (national forensics league) or CFL (catholic forensics league) or shit like that. Like...are you on a debate team.

Yeah, I was on a debate team. Now I'm their assisstant coach.

6. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I am not a debater because I aint good at it, but if anyone wants to have a sports debate then I am up for any challengers. Me and Godfather are having a great Basketball debate right now. Sports is my life and I know almost everything from the last 10 years.

7. shawnesty23

shawnesty23 Guest

I've only debated about the following things: Wrestling, Sports and hip hop for the most part. If you guys debated about the follwing categories that I just named then I'd hold my own.

8. lets talk about my favorite round ever.

ex ren affirmative. plan: ban torture. advantages: terror, human rights.
    1nc [me] PIC: ban torture except in case of 'ticking timebomb' scenario. net bens: geneva rights legitimacy, terror.
    also demo promo off case.
    also solvency for human rights.
    also some topicality shell or sumthin.

2ac: THATS A TOPICAL CP! NO WAIZ! VOTE AFF!
    cx of 2ac: uh, so, are you saying the basis of this round is the resolution instead of plan text?
    :yeah
    :uh, so, can we run disads on other cases? and have it matter?
    :what? *judge in back of room tries not to laugh*
    :uh, cx is over.

2nc: 7 mins of demo promo impact scenarios along with war on drugs shell w/ patriot act link and heg good shell w/ gitmo link

1nc: all of cp, both net bens, solvency, T, and still 45 seconds left for impact calc

1ar: THEIR NEW DISADS DON'T LINK TO CASE! <only response on them>
    2nr: we win every single argument in this round.
    2ar: i have long legs vote for me

judge after round: i don't even know where to start. so let me start with.. 2nr's analysis on winning everything is true.
    judge walks out of the room.

at this point we're 4-0 at state. what, what

9. Ant On A Log

Ant On A Log Guest

Dude. I do debate you in those topics.

10. Dr. Fresh

Dr. Fresh Mmmm.... Lesbians.

Awesome.

Sounded like a pretty hilarious round, Sevv

Oh noes, Stan! Someone pm'd you while you were sleeping. How would you know if someone pm'd you IF you WERE sleeping? Huh? Huh? That's what I thought.

So the point of this thread? I don't know. I'm just trying to get this active because I don't feel it's very active in responses. In this thread, we'll debate about whatever one wants to debate about. Fair enough? I think so.