Debate #6: Should the WWE bring back the Hardcore Title?

Discussion in 'Wrestling' started by Babe_Ruth, Feb 24, 2009.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Alright it's time for our sixth debate in the wrestling section. Now you might think what type of topic is this, and pretty much everyone is going to vote yes. But personally I think we can have a real good debate about this. Well I'm hoping we can.

So do you guys believe the WWE should bring back the Hardcore Title for good?

Debate.

2. WesJones87

WesJones87 RayzorBlade87

Given the direction that WWE is going, I don't think it would be a good idea to bring back the Hardcore Championship. With Vince McMahon wanting a more family friendly style wrestling company, there will be less violence and bloodshed, resulting in the Hardcore Title just being a regular belt, defended in regular matches.

The Hardcore belt was always more suited to the raw, don't-give-a-damn programming of the Attitude era anyway. I wouldn't want the Hardcore belts legacy to be tainted by becoming PG-rated.

3. Ryuk

Ryuk Registered Member

At this point no. For all intents the Tuesday Night Velocity title is supposed to sit in for the Hardcore Title as is, but also the recent direction of the WWE has been to tone down hardcore as best as they can. Yes we still have Money In The Bank and the occasional Ladder/TLC/Table/Elimination Chamber match but it's very few and far between at this point compared to say ten years ago. Also the Hardcore belt was to some extent a joke sometimes, mainly because of the 24/7 rule.

4. Unity

Unity Chett Chetterfield Staff Member

I'm going to say no, but only IF ECW starts doing more Extreme Rules matches. I'd love to see the belt always defended under them, as it should be.

If ECW stays away from it's heritage, though, I'd enjoy having the belt around for the lower card guys. I'd prefer it to be the European or Television title, though. As Millz said to me recently, it would be fun to have a TV title that's defended every week.

5. Millz

Millz Lance Catamaran Staff Member V.I.P.

TV >>> Hardcore
    Hardcore >>> European

The WWE has too many titles to be bringing back the hardcore title. It's been said, this is a PG wrestling world. A hardcore title doesn't fit the grand sceme of things at all.

6. Babe_Ruth

Alright, lets say the show wasn't PG, just imagine we were in the Attitude ERA, do you believe that the WWE should bring the Hardcore title back, also pretend ECW doesn't exist. I don't want you guys to say that yes I believe ECW should be back like it was. Just imagine there's only Raw and Smackdown.

Thoughts?

7. WesJones87

WesJones87 RayzorBlade87

If it were the Attitude era, then I'd like the Hardcore title back, as an inter-promotional title only though. Then both shows could have their fair share of Hardcore wrestlers.

8. Millz

Millz Lance Catamaran Staff Member V.I.P.

If it was a different era then sure, bring it back. Don't bring the stupid ass 24/7 rule though. That was fine for a period of time but it eventually made the belt look meaningless.

9. Babe_Ruth

See I dont think it's a good to bring it back no matter what. Don't get me wrong, I love the Hardcore matches like everyone else. But just like steroids, these hardcore matches take a toll on your body, and if you get hit by a chair on your head more then once every week, it will do some damage. I dont care what everyone else says, wrestling might be fake, and they know how to hit eachother with the chairs, but you feel some pain after being it.

The biggest thing that I am concern is the head, when it comes to hardcore matches. Usually when you have a hardcore match, you'll get your head hit several times by different objects. Who knows how many concussions these wrestlers had in their careers, and these wrestlers that do get concussions don't get enough time to heel up, they want to stay in the spot light, so they dont want to take to much time off so someone replaces them.

So I just believe that brining the hardcore title would be a bad mistake no matter what. I think the WWE has done a good job at taking the title away. These wrestlers take enough bumps along the year, they don't need to take more by having hardcore matches every single week, sometimes twice a week.