Debate #1: Should steroids be allowed in the WWE

Discussion in 'Wrestling' started by Babe_Ruth, Feb 9, 2009.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Alright, we have quite a few members that decided to join this debate. So I decided to start it today. Now this isn't going to be a one on one debate, and there doesn't need to be a winner. First you tell us if you believe that wrestlers should be allowed to take steroids, if yes than make your case, if no than make your case.

After everyone has made there case, you can start debating with a member that you don't agree with, or several if that's the case.

Let the debate begin.

THERE'S TWO MODERATORS PARTICIPATING IN THIS DEBATE, SO KEEP THE FLAMING OR BAITING TO YOURSELF. WE WANT TO KEEP THIS CLEAN AND FUN. THERE'S NO DOUBT WE WON'T AGREE ON EVERYTHING.

2. Millz

Millz Black 7! Staff Member V.I.P.

I tend to try and take the Devil's advocate approach when it comes to certain issues but for this one I'm going to say no, steroids should not be allowed in the WWE. I wonder if anybody will take the other side on this issue?

First off, steroids are illegal. In the mid 90s McMahon almost went to jail over steroids. They can harm you and they can harm the people around you. Roid rage is real and so are shrunken testicles.

I can understand people wanting to use them to recover from injury (Edge) but at the end of the day you arent doing yourself any good by doing that. There's the notion that Vince only likes big guys and maybe that's true for the most part but there are better ways to get there. Hard work.

3. Swiftstrike

Swiftstrike Registered Member

I think they should be allowed.

I want my wrestlers (actors) like my video games.

I want them to be huge and ripped. It's entertainment not a sport. Steroids should be permitted since that is exactly what the fans want.

I don't care if they die at 50.

4. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

You don't. Fans and the companies that make money off them do. No offense Swift, but I know you're not a fan, so why are you replying? I do appreciate an outside opinion, but as a fan I'd bet most people want them to live past 50.

For me, it's hard to pick a side. However, the more I think about it, the more I'd rather them to be illegal and discouraged. Why? Steroids show laziness, it shows a person who does not have either patience or the ability to work hard and in a business that requires more than physical prowess, I don't want to watch half-assers.

5. Millz

As much sarcasm as it seems like there is in this post there is some realism when you mention how you want them like your video games.

WWE or wrestling in general draws people in unqiue ways. People want to see freaks, whether tall, short or muscular. They want to see things that are different from normal life.

Guys with big muscles are larger then life characters and people will pay to see it. I just dont think its worth it for them to put their lives on the line. Wrestling is hard enough of a job without shortening your life as well.

6. AnitaKnapp

AnitaKnapp It's not me, it's you. V.I.P. Lifetime

Normally I would say no since it is a performance enhancing drug. However, since they're only acting, I see no problem with them partaking in it if they want to.

7. Ryuk

Ryuk Registered Member

I don't think they should be. I understand this is a different beast from the issue of athletes in pro sports using, and as such I understand that pro wrestlers who are taking are doing so for "cosmetic" purpouses, but there's no need for steroids in wrestling. The drug issue in the industry has been horrific these past few years and way too many of these guys are dropping their bodies at way too young of an age. Rewind the clock some ten years ago during the Monday Night Wars where as part of his smear campaigns against WCW Vince would always bring up how they didn't test their guys for roids, today you have to wonder if he cares.

8. Millz

That's definitely an argument for them to take them but since they are acting they shouldnt need them, right?

If they are performance enhancing drugs and this is just acting then why take them? Why do that to yourself?

I think McMahon is taking a more proactive approach on this issue since they do test now. Maybe deep down he wants dudes ripped off their asses but its not worth the health risk. Just train hard and work your butt off and you'll be alright.

9. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

It may be choreograhped, but that does not mean they do not need to be in top physical shape or that they need to take care of their bodies. It also doesn't change the fact that they get the hell beaten out of them.

To all those who aren't wrestling fans: Have you ever actually watched it before? Outside of Youtube and parodies?

10. AnitaKnapp

AnitaKnapp It's not me, it's you. V.I.P. Lifetime

I think it should be their choice on what they do or do not put in their bodies. I see it more of a personal choice. I don't know why they would want to, but who am I to stop them. Since it doesn't affect their acting performances, then why should it be illegal?

Yeah, I'll admit that I did not enjoy wresting. I found the acting to be over the top and so fake. UFC is more my speed.