• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Death Valley volcanoe is due to go off

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Death Valley in California has plenty of hazards, ranging from searing temperatures to flash floods, rock falls, rattlesnakes and scorpions.
Now geologists say that one of its volcanoes is actually far younger and more active than previously thought and is due to go off, because it last exploded in 1200 and has an eruption cycle of 1,000 years or less. Read More Here
Don't get too excited they said there is no sign of this volcano waking up as of now. Before an eruption does happen there will be shallow earthquakes and steam vents opening up. Even after that happened it could take years for it to actually erupt according to the article, hope they are right. They are claiming that it is due for a eruption.

Wade8813

Registered Member
I believe there's actually a fair number of natural disasters that we may be "due for", including a colossal earthquake.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I never really took the earthquake claims, "do to crack" and volcano claims "due to erupt" too seriously because it's so hard to predict something like that. Its not like a tornado or hurricane when you can see it coming. Granted, volcano would be easier then earthquake but still.

We're still waiting for the Super Volcano underneath Yellowstone to blow. That's "due to erupt" too, right? Until something starts rumbling its hard for me to take it too serious.

Wade8813

Registered Member
I never really took the earthquake claims, "do to crack" and volcano claims "due to erupt" too seriously because it's so hard to predict something like that. Its not like a tornado or hurricane when you can see it coming. Granted, volcano would be easier then earthquake but still.
Well, when you see a tornado or hurricane, you're not really predicting it any more - just predicting where it'll hit :lol:

But yeah, when predicting these big seismological things, it's often "It's predicted to happen approximately every thousand years, so don't be surprised if it hits sometime within this century"