Death Penalty or Life in Prison?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mirage, Sep 11, 2008.

?

Which would you rather be sentenced to?

1. Death Penalty

48.1%
  2. Life in Prison

51.9%
  1. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

What would you rather get sentenced to?

Your crime doesn't matter. Whether or not you are actually guilty doesn't matter. The fact is you have been proved guilty and you are now faced with one of two options.

1. Death Penalty. Lethal injection. Painless (supposedly). You are done.

2. Life in Prison. There is NO chance you will ever be found innocent, even if you are. You will stay in jail until your final breath. No hope of ever being released.

Supposedly more people think life in prison is a meaner punishment and that the death penalty is the easy way out. I think I'd want life in prison regardless. I don't like the idea of being executed.

Oooh_snap likes this.

2. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

Give me death. I don't want to spend the rest of my life with criminals.

3. Wade8813

Wade8813 Registered Member

Lethal injection. Boredom gets to me, and being stuck in prison would be incredibly boring. At least until "Bubba" came to visit, then I'd just wish I was bored.

4. mandy76

mandy76 Registered Member

well i chose death penalty... but im split! thats a tough one... because even though u'd be in jail for life which would be terrible, i think it would be hard to choose to end my life when i can do more living no matter where it is.... hmmm

Amanda :)

5. Exclusive

Exclusive Registered Member

I would rather spend life in prison and die without assistance.

6. Duke1985

Duke1985 EatsApplePieShitsFreedom

Spend life in prison, I could adapt to that lifestyle I suppose. Assuming I did something wrong as well I'd like the opportunity to redeem myself by becoming a productive inmate.

7. LadyPinky

LadyPinky scientia potestas est

Death penalty. I would go nuts in prison, like my freedom.

8. Zachary

Zachary ,,l,, //_- ,,l,,

death, im not too into others deciding when i get to shower and what not. plus considering my absence of power ide quickly become a welcome matt.

9. Mason

Mason phawq

Life in prison. I'll survive.

10. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

Since you didn't remove the option of years of appeals, I'll take life in prison.

If there is the slightest glimmer of hope that I may one day regain my freedom, I'll stick it out.