• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Death penalty for renouncing Muslim faith

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
The man, in his 20s, posted an online video ripping up a copy of Islam's holy book, the Koran, and hitting it with a shoe, the newspaper reported.

Saudi court gives death penalty to man who renounced his Muslim faith - Yahoo News
For doing this I'm sure this man will be beheaded. To me this is a good reason to never become Muslim to begin with. If you decide to leave the religion you could lose you life over it. How barbaric. How many countries that would give a sentence like this I don't know. However any that do should change their laws and get religion out of it.

I may be wrong but it seems to me that many in the Muslim world are getting sick of religion running their daily lives, restricting their personal choices. Even in Saudi Arabia you seem to have people trying to buck the system.

Thoughts?

dDave

V.I.P.
It's stuff like THIS that makes Christianity and Islam completely different. As similar as some of the history is behind the two, they are not the same, never were, and never will be.

It's absolutely sickening to think that anybody would think that the death penalty is ok in this case. There shouldn't even be any charges. Really messed up part of the world.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Saudi Arabia needs to get their heads out of the middle ages and stop letting religion run their country. If we didn't need their oil I would be for never going near the place. I feel sorry for people living in that country that have to put up with their clerics.

Christianity has done some horrible things in the name of religion but that was in the middle ages. Thankfully they evolved and no longer do that. I wish the Muslim religion would also evolve.