Death penalty for capitol murder, yes or no?

Death Penalty for capitol murder, yes or no?

• Total voters

Ilus_Unistus

Registered Member
(I am sure this has had discussions here, but I did not see anything after searching, so maybe is time for a new one.)

Do you support the death penalty for capitol murder or no? why for either answer.

Most of Europe has abolished the death penalty, including Estonia. This is something I do not agree with. I feel if someone has committed capitol murder and is convicted by a jury of his/her peers, then yes they to should die.

I have more to add to this later in the discussion, but I would like to see what many feel of this first.

Ultra_Critical

Registered Member
I believe that if the evidence shows clear intent to kill another human being then you have thus proven you aren't capable of coexisting with those of your species and you are a threat to society. Therefore, you need to be taken care of permanently. However, in the case of involuntary manslaughter, it should be judged by a case-by-case basis depending on circumstance and the mental health of the killer.

My state of Ohio still has an active death penalty and has to date (Since 1803) executed a total of 382 convicted murderers.

rainbow5555

Registered Member
I think they should give the death penalty, its much more cost effective and less time consuming, than keeping them in jail for a long time. Also the more people that die the less of a problem overpopulation is.

Gavik

Registered Member
I think they should give the death penalty, its much more cost effective and less time consuming, than keeping them in jail for a long time. Also the more people that die the less of a problem overpopulation is.
Overpopulation? What? You know that you're more likely to die selling drugs on the street than sitting on death row in Texas. And if it's cheaper, why not kill people for rape, theft or corruption?

rainbow5555

Registered Member
I would only kill those who will not benefit the economy, if these rapists and thieves and corrupt mother-lickers aren't going to benefit the economy in the long run then we may as kill them.

Gavik

Registered Member
I would only kill those who will not benefit the economy, if these rapists and thieves and corrupt mother-lickers aren't going to benefit the economy in the long run then we may as kill them.
Then you may as well start killing the unemployed and people below a certain income level.

rainbow5555

Registered Member
It depends on whether they will in the long run be a drain on the economy or wether they will help the economy. I f they are to be a drain then yes, we may aswell kill them.

Gavik

Registered Member
It depends on whether they will in the long run be a drain on the economy or wether they will help the economy. I f they are to be a drain then yes, we may aswell kill them.
So you would kill your mother if you considered her a drain on the household resources? You best be trollin.