• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Dean Ambrose and Mick Foley

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I know we touched this in the random wrestling observation thread, but I thought it deserved it's own thread.

I'm sure that most of you are aware that Foley and Ambrose are currently feuding, mostly on twitter.

This thread is to talk about this current feud also just to talk about Ambrose in general, his future, who does he remind you of, ect.

Personally, I don't know where this feud is going, it's a little odd compared to feuds with our a custom to, and it's not something the WWE does often. So far, I think it's off to a great start, and if the WWE keep going on the right path then it could be huge for the rising star, Ambrose. Also, there's no way the WWE are doing this without putting Ambrose over, so this can be a huge pay off for him and a great way to kick off his career in the WWE. I wouldn't be surprised if he faced Foley(or Cactus Jack) in a hardcore match in the future.

I've been studying Ambrose for the last few months now, I've heard about him before he signed with the WWE a year ago, but ever since he started this feud with Foley I decided to pay more attention to him.

He reminds me a bit of a mix of Pillman and Piper. Obviously he's not at that level yet, but he has a chance to get there with hard work.

Thoughts?

wooly

I am the woolrus
Dean Ambrose is going to be THE next big thing. Future World Champ, without a doubt. I agree with the mix between Piper and Pillman... mixed with an uncanny resemblance to a young Harrison Ford! :p He has some awesome promos from his days on the indies as Jon Moxley, slightly darker than his FCW ones but to be honest i'm amazed how much of his character they allowed him to retain.

I mentioned in another thread before that when me and a friend were discussing who would we like to see end the Undertaker's streak, and my answer was, if it's this year then Ziggler, if Taker lasts another 2 or 3 years though, i'd love to see Ambrose be the guy to end the streak and become the big dog of the WWE. That's how much i want WWE to push this guy.

If they use him right he'll definitely be the best heel in the company within a year. Using Foley is a great way to get him over, and the feud has been well built up on twitter. Speaking of which, like everyone, i hated the constant twitter references on WWE who they began, but THIS is how twitter should be used. It's probably more effective for building up feuds than Heat or Velocity ever were! :p

Kratzenkov16

Registered Member
i am shocked this thread hasn't gotten much attention!

ambrose has been winning matches on dark matches before shows lately...even beat zack ryder.

he. is. coming.

Ziggy

Sup?
Don't know who he is and I probably won't care until he has made his debut. If his first feud involves Mick Foley then he is no doubt going to have a wonderful career in the WWE.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
That's probably why this thread hasn't gotten much attention, Kratz. Not a lot of people know Dean Ambrose. I think that most of us can agree that going off of the Mick Foley interactions that he has a lot of potential, but I still know nothing of his in-ring work. I keep thinking that I need to check him out on YouTube, but then again a big part of me is just waiting for his debut and will judge/hype him then as needed lol.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
He's worth to check out on Youtube, that's for sure. He's close to being a perfect heel, and if the WWE gives him a lot of leverage to do what he wants to do then he'll get a lot of heat. He's terrific on the microphone, he can cut amazing promos and he's talented in the ring. Using Mick Foley to slowly bring him up in the WWE is a wise thing to do on their part.

I just don't know what's taking so long for him to make that jump.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
The jump is taking a while because there are a TON of new stars on either brand, especially Smackdown. Too many new stars (Sandow, Ryback, O'Neil/Young, etc.) can get overwhelming, which is part of the reason why they are waiting... and I don't mind the wait. Draw out this "feud" a bit longer, and make it part of the SummerSlam push.

I think he is going to get pushed to the moon, so to speak, because I think he has the potential to be the best heel in the wrestling business in a long time.

Ziggy

Sup?
Well we saw two great stars emerge from the Indy circuit in CM Punk and D-Bry so maybe this guy will be awesome.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
He definitely has the potential to be that next indy darling that becomes a big champion, Ziggy.

I was watching some of his earliest matches, and they were spectacular. This guy is the CM Punk of ring psychology. Each move makes sense, like he is a ringleader of a circus, so to speak. The sky is the limit with him, I think.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'll admit I haven't seen many of his matches but he seems to be real damn good. I know he's been winning pre-show dark matches for RAW and Smackdown lately as well so I think we're going to see him soon.

And who better to get him over with the fans than Mick Foley? I am looking forward to this feud.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
willge87 College Sports 2
Babe_Ruth Wrestling 11
Babe_Ruth Movies & TV 4
Smelnick Reading 10
ATARIGUY Movies & TV 0