• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Dealing with an introverted coworker

Interis

Registered Member
This coworker I have actually looks fine from the surface. As I work longer with her, I notice that she avoids more difficult projects by overcomplicating the simpler ones assigned to her. When our superior confronts her about it, she says "yes sir" but later makes a frustrated comment on her social networks. She also avoids arguing with fellow coworkers, but later writes something on her Facebook wall.

We're more annoyed by the way she talks about her feelings on the social media instead of saying it directly. (I assume this is what introverts are all about.) Nothing changes and we're getting tired of it.

Is there actually something we can do about this?

Pepper

Registered Member
Oh tell me about it. Almost everyone I work with is like that. They never say anything when they disagree with the management. Instead, they just keep it for themselves and whine about it later.

Interis

Registered Member
Oh tell me about it. Almost everyone I work with is like that. They never say anything when they disagree with the management. Instead, they just keep it for themselves and whine about it later.
I'm sorry to hear about that. It must be very annoying, judging from my own experience. I'm very disappointed because I thought we are already at the age where we work things out by talking to each other and trying instead of trash-writing in social media. It only makes our relationship worse and some works are being affected. We are also tired of being the first to reach out when she won't respond to us at all.

This is not the first time it happens and certainly not only at work. I'm reflecting on whether I'm being too ignorant of these people, but there is a limit to how much I can give an effort.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Jeanie Bathroom Wall 11
Unity Bathroom Wall 5
Millz Bathroom Wall 3
Millz Bathroom Wall 13
Millz Bathroom Wall 4