Dead Rivalrys

padd

Registered Member
thanks to some obvious reasons there must be a few Rivalrys in the NHL that you can think of that are almost dead.. ir dead even before they existed. What i can think of is the battle of Florida

Tampa Bay vs Florida.. nobody cares about bragging rights, they never met in the playoffs, there's no rivalry, it's just another game.

Can you think of others?

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
There used to be a big rivalry in the WCHL, between the Fresno Falcons and the Bakersfield Condors. That one seemed to have died when the WCHL went under and the teams moved to the ECHL. I miss the days when the players played with that much passion.... even though it was more of a AA Beer League.

I like the California Rivalries picking up as of Late. The Kings and the Ducks always have some riled up games, same with the Ducks and the Sharks.

I would like to see real rivalries built up again... I do think that the NHL cared about them when the set up the division heavy schedule, but lets be honest.... rivalries are built in the post season!

padd

Registered Member
The Habs and the Bruins are officially the biggest Rivals in the NHL right now.. 3 playoff confrontations in their past 4 playoff apearances, while being in the same division. You gotta agree with that, that rivalry is long from dead.

tbh i thought that Nashville would would soon rival San Jose since they met in the past 2 playoffs, but i guess 3 straight was asking for to much..

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
and you know what, those 2 series between the two clubs were edge of the seat action both times. With Tootoo's antics, the fire on both benches and the skill involved. Its no wonder either team ended up winning the cup either year.... they had to use all their gas just to make it to the second round!