• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

PlayStation 3 Dead Nation (yes another Zombie Shooter)

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.

YouTube - Dead Nation | official E3 trailer Sony PlayStation Network PS3 / PSN

Have any of you seen this one? I noticed it was on Discount through the Playstation plus last night for only $11 bucks to its original $15.

The gameplay seems to be pretty straight forward:

YouTube - Dead Nation - Downtown HD Gameplay *PS3 EXCLUSIVE*

The only downfalls I've read so far is that the Difficulty spikes like crazy at some points. From the videos I've seen so far it kinda looks like a better fleshed out, less Cartoonie version of Burn Zombie Burn.

Anyone try it yet?

Konshentz

Konshentz
Can this be played co-op online?

This actually looks fun. I agree that it reminds me of a more realistic Burn Zombie Burn... but what I like, is that it looks like you won't be stuck in a tiny little area for each level.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I just checked real quick and I found this:

We here at Housemarque sincerely apologise that Voice Chat is not available in Dead Nation‘s online co-op mode.

Following player demand for this feature, the team is currently working intensely to introduce it as quickly as possible. In the meantime, we’re keen to get as much feedback on the game as possible so we can further improve what we think is a great zombie game. We’ll keep you posted on the PlayStation blogs and other channels, such as facebook.com/DeadNation, when we have a firmer ETA for the Voice Chat patch.

It’s regrettable that Voice Chat did not make it into the final game straight away. We at Housemarque put our hearts and souls into our games and we hope that many people enjoy the fruits of our labour and that we are able to create thrilling gaming moments for all of our players. The game is currently missing this feature, which is a major issue for some players, but we think that releasing Dead Nation has been the right decision as the game is still great fun.

Yours Sincerely,

The Housemarque Team
Voice Chat Coming Soon To Dead Nation – PlayStation.Blog.Europe
That blog post says "online co-op" so I'm pretty sure that implies a solid Yes to your question.

This was the link to the Review I was reading before I posted this thread: Dead Nation Review - PlayStation 3 Review at IGN

IGN gives the game high marks, mostly bouncing between 7 and 8... which to me for an online exclusive is pretty solid.

Konshentz

Konshentz
Nice. I'm definitely interested in buying this when I re-buy a PS3 - even more so now that I know it has online co-op. Killing zombies with a friend, does it get much better? Haha.

I'm glad it's getting decent scores.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
I may pick this up online if I get a PS3 for the holidays. Sounds exciting.

Konshentz

Konshentz
Just re-watched the trailer on PSN... definitely getting this on Friday.

Zombies, tons of gore & 30+ trophies. Sounds like my kind of game. :lol:

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Lemme know what you think about it. I was gonna seriously buy it.... then I got Assassins Creed 2 so now I'm saving the last bit of money I have in my PSN account for the AC2 DLC.

Konshentz

Konshentz
Finally got around to buying this today.

So far, so good.

There are 10 levels, with each level taking approximate 15-30 minutes to complete (at least so far - bonus points for beating them faster than the recommended time). I just finished up level 4. There are a bunch of different zombies types. Skeleton zombies, regular zombies, fire fighters, soldiers, football players... they all take different amounts of firepower to take down and some are immune to certain weapons. Then there are the "special" zombies - with a couple of them looking a lot like zombies from Left4Dead. fat ones that explode, large ones that can jump long distances & smash you into pudding with their fists... and cutters, which I haven't seen. But they kill you in one swipe... or so I've read.

It is definitely the best top-down shooter/shoot'em up game I've played. Bunch of weapons and all of them can be upgraded in a few different categories.

Goat, you said you can get this at a discount price? I'd do it. $15 is a little much for this game... but $10 or so wouldn't be terrible.

Some of the trophies will also give it replay value.