• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Dead Island (Amazing Trailer)

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
YouTube - Dead Island: Official Announcement Trailer

Just . . wow. THAT is how you build anticipation for a game. According to its Wikipedia page, it's (obviously) a zombie game with more RPG style gameplay. It's aiming to be released this year for PC, PS3 and Xbox but no dates have been specified. I'm eager to see some gameplay but fuck that trailer was awesome.

Konshentz

Konshentz
That was fucking awesome. I'm with you, I wanna see some gameplay. This will definitely be a must buy for me.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Somebody just showed that to me an hour or so ago and I forgot to click it. It's a really cool concept how they showed it all backwards and in slow-mo. I'm not into zombie games (or games really at the moment) so I won't play this but I would also like to see some gameplay videos regardless.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
"Dead Island" Bring on the Secluded island Zombie Thriller!

How to make a Quik Buck... Zombies. Why? Because we gamers just cant get enough of 'em! This one isnt necessarily a quick buck though as its been in production since 2007. The trailer is gorgeous... hope the game play is similar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZqrG1bdGtg&feature=player_embedded

This is supposedly an in-game screen shot and its pretty nice;

The island of Banoi is a lush, tropical paradise in the South Pacific where its flagship Royal Palms Resort serves as the ultimate getaway for vacationers with money to burn. However, all good things must soon come to an end – and the picturesque resort falls into madness, carnage and chaos after a mysterious and contagious zombie outbreak claims its once peaceful atmosphere. Cut off from the rest of the world, only four individuals who strangely find themselves immune to zombification have the power to protect the remaining survivors from the horrors of the island, to discover what’s really going on and find a way to escape before their own fatal ends.

(From IGN.com)
Developer: Techland
Publisher: Deep Silver

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZqrG1bdGtg&feature=player_embedded

its classified as a First Person Shooter... the trailer obviously shows some Axe action so from the looks of it we wont be stuck to just guns. hehehe.

some Pipe Action;

BigBob

Registered Member
This actually looks like a zombie game that I may be able to get into. Kind of suprising at the end/beginning where you find out it was his daughter. Also, loved the random zombie on fire when she's throw out of the window haha.

Edit: Way to go Ice! I just noticed Cons made this same thread yesterday haha

Last edited:

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Screw cons.. my threads are better. His should be merged to mine considering I actually provide information for the game.

grrrr :bomb:

I didnt even search, just saw the info on the game and figured "oh thats cool, why not post it at GF". What I get for trying to be a trooper eh.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
This looks remarkable. I saw the trailer and was SOLD on the concept.

I saw this first on Destructoid:

❝Imagine Borderlands set on the Just Cause 2 island,❞ Destructoid says ❝with Left 4 Dead style zombies, featuring a quest system similar to Falllout 3 and the weapon system of Dead Rising 2. Blend all of that together and you get Dead Island; or, as Deep Silver refers to it, a first-person zombie slasher action RPG.❞

Konshentz

Konshentz
I'll admit, this one was definitely more detailed. Haha.

I loved every game in KSpice's quote... except for Just Cause, but seeing as that's what they're comparing the setting too, well then, I can handle that.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
I'll admit, this one was definitely more detailed. Haha.

I loved every game in KSpice's quote... except for Just Cause, but seeing as that's what they're comparing the setting too, well then, I can handle that.
Well they probably meant JC2 exclusively.

The potential is there. I remember the initial reveal at GC in 2007. Seems the game got a complete overhaul.