Dead features

DinoFlintstone

"There can be only one!"

Some of the features here are like the human apendix, they are of no use. A waste of space, i.e 'Align' and 'Indent' [the only two I use often and have noticed.] They still work when you edit your own post, but they don't show-up when you post it.

Any others?

Xeilo

Registered Member
V.I.P.
I find that they don't really get in the way or are a bother, even tho I dont use them either.

DinoFlintstone

"There can be only one!"
I find that they don't really get in the way or are a bother, even tho I dont use them either.

I was really wondering if it's something significant enough to contribute to slowing the system down. Probably not, but I wouldn't really know either way.

Wade8813

Registered Member

Some of the features here are like the human apendix, they are of no use. A waste of space, i.e 'Align' and 'Indent' [the only two I use often and have noticed.] They still work when you edit your own post, but they don't show-up when you post it.

Any others?
Actually, the appendix isn't useless.

"In the past, the appendix was considered an evolutionary leftover. Now however, scientists acknowledge that the appendix helps support the immune system in two ways. It helps tell lymphocytes where they need to go to fight an infection and it boosts the large intestine's immunity to a variety of foods and drugs. The latter helps keep your gastrointestinal tract from getting inflamed in response to certain food and medications you ingest."

Appendix - Definition of Appendix - Human Appendix

But yeah, I was wondering what some of those site features do.

DinoFlintstone

"There can be only one!"
Actually, the appendix isn't useless.

"In the past, the appendix was considered an evolutionary leftover. Now however, scientists acknowledge that the appendix helps support the immune system in two ways. It helps tell lymphocytes where they need to go to fight an infection and it boosts the large intestine's immunity to a variety of foods and drugs. The latter helps keep your gastrointestinal tract from getting inflamed in response to certain food and medications you ingest."

Appendix - Definition of Appendix - Human Appendix

But yeah, I was wondering what some of those site features do.
I'm glad to hear it. I always said it's a daft theory, and now that I use the example... I get caught out. :rolleyes: lol
The other one that I guessed is wrong and now know is a daft theory is that 'we only use a small percentage of the brain.'

You could always use the quick reply box. You don't see most of those things.

I usually do, but sometimes I like to highlight my point with bullet points, smilies and images aswell as the other things.

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
Make sure you have simplify post html (or something) turned OFF if you want to see extra stuff like this. It may or may not be on or off by default. I have no clue but I personally have html simplified. I don't like the extra clutter.