Dead by Sunrise

Discussion in 'Music' started by icegoat63, Jan 6, 2010.

1. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

If you did, I highly recommend checking out Chester Bennington's side band called "Dead by Sunrise".

In my honest opinion, Hybrid Theory is one of my all time greatest albums ever made. Its one of the few I can listen to at any time of the day and still be entertained, not many other bands have made albums that do that for me. But being a Linkin Park fan... their latest stuff really boils my blood because they never seem to sound like Hybrid Theory anymore.

Dead by Sunrise sounds like Hybrid Theory. I bought the album "Out of Ashes" today and I have to say I am just in awe over how much it resembles the Linkin Park of Old.

2. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

Really?

I can't hear any similarities whatsoever. What songs are reminding you?

3. Impact

Impact Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

I'm going to have to check them out. I loved the Hybrid Theory album, but I love Linkin Park. I can listen to their albums (well Hybrid Theory and Meteora) over and over without getting bored.

Is Dead by Sunrise a new band or have they been around a while?

4. Puck

Puck Registered Member

I'm a Linkin Park fan aswell, mainly because of Chester, so I'll definitely be checking out Dead By Sunrise! Do you any suggestions for a first time listener to get me hooked?

5. Millz

Millz Lance Catamaran Staff Member V.I.P.

I loved Hybrid Theory...my favorite album by LP by far. You've sold me Goat...I'll definitely be checking them out and see what they are like.

The newest LP CD was okay but only a few songs. Giving Up might be one of my favorite songs they ever wrote. They needed more songs like that one.

6. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

Honestly I just put the album on and was immiedietely in awe. The deeper I've got into it the more I like it. I can see it starting to stray from Hybrid Theory a bit but still its much better than Linkin Park IMHO.

Theres a song "Give me your name" that is a pretty kick ass song, its like Linkin Park meets 80's hair ballad bands :hah:

Maybe its just my weird way of hearing it, but I swear when I first turned them on I just kept thinking; "wow its about time he pursued this kind of music again".

7. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I'm not the biggest fan of Linkin Park, and the only reason why I listen to them is because of the lead singer Chester. I think he has an amazing voice, I don't like it when he screams though.

Thanks for telling me this, I'll definitely look at some of these songs.

8. Impact

Impact Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

I thought i'd give them a listen on you tube. My searches bought me this, and any respect or anything I had for ice went immediately out the window. When it got to the chorus I realized it was obviously the wrong song.

YouTube - Dead By Sunrise - Crawl Back In

I finally got some of their actual songs and they are okay. I'm not a huge fan though.

9. EllyDicious

EllyDicious made of AMBIGUITY V.I.P. Lifetime

i love HT, i love LP. it's hard for me to choose between the songs on that album!!
    i listen to this album very often!

10. Dekzper

Dekzper Registered Member

Dead by Sunrise is a side project of Linkin Park's Chester Bennington. Def enough to get me interested. It also includes 4 members of Julien-K. The Dead by Sunrise debut album was released worldwide October 13, 2009. I'll def be checking it out, myself, cause I'm a hardcore Linkin Park fan, myself, especially a lot of their old stuff! Two things: Chester likes electronic music and, at a concert in Las Vegas, said he'd always wanted to do love songs.
    Here's some extra info:
    YouTube - LINKIN PARK SIDE PROJECT DEAD BY SUNRISE JULIEN-K BACKED

Last edited: Jan 9, 2010