Nintendo dDave's Zelda Quest

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by dDave, Jan 10, 2008.

1. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

I just finished reading all 13 pages of Steve's My Zelda "Quest" thread and decided that I should try the same thing. it seems to be working for him

Over The Years Nintendo has made quite a few Zelda games, unfortunately I haven't beaten very many, I need to get on top of it or else I'll never do it.

Sadly enough for me I have done all that there is to do in donkey kong games made by rareware so i must move on.

Here's What I've Beaten

Ocarina Of Time
    Wind Waker

that is a pathetic amount of games especially considering how easy both of them are to beat

Here's what I have that I haven't beaten...

Twilight Princess (haven't started it yet but plan to soon)
    Majora's Mask (I got to the ice dungeon with the gorons but kept running out of time)
    Zelda II: The Adventure Of Link (I beat the first dungeon)
    A Link To The Past (I've never even played this game, but I have it somewhere for GBA with the four swords pack)
    The Legend Of Zelda (I died on Ganon and now I can't get back into the dungeon due to the lack of hearts)
    Four Swords (I got to the fifth world then my memory card got corrupted)

Now here's what I have all together in order and which systems I have them for and also what I will be playing them on.

The Legend Of Zelda (GC)
    Zelda II: The Adventure Of Link (GC)
    A Link To The Past (GBA)
    Ocarina Of Time (N64 & GC)
    Majora's Mask (GC)
    Wind Waker (GC)
    Four Swords Adventures (GC)
    Twilight Princess (Wii)

I'm working on Majora's Mask but I'm not very far I think that I might just start over at The Legend Of Zelda and work my way up just like Steve, it seems to be working for him.

I'll post my status here (just like Steve) and possibly ask for help but for Twilight princess I'm not going to ask any questions because I want to do all of it on my own.

I probably won't be asking any questions anytime soon since I have pretty much beaten The Legend Of Zelda

Yes it really is happening dDave is moving away from Donkey Kong (rareware of course) and on to something new something possibly (quite likely) more exciting, I get the feeling that I'm about to become a major Zelda fan (even more so than donkey kong)which is most unfortunate for Donkey Kong because I was his last fan.

Wish me luck on my biggest video game quest ever.

I plan on finishing this all the way.

Mirage likes this.

2. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

Wow, dude, I'm flattered you'd take my idea up. I'm still a far way away from finished, I've stalled at MM and won't have any of the games again until I get the Wii, which is at least two months and counting. Not to mention I have a massive pile of 360 gaming to take care of, too.

3. Hi_Im_Tim

Hi_Im_Tim I am Heavy Weapons Guy

I have only beaten four Zelda games.
    The Legend of Zelda (the original one)
    A Link to the Past
    Ocarina of Time
    Wind Waker

I am currently working on The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, and it is a very fun game.

Majora's Mask is such a hard game because the bottles are incredibly hard to beat and you need to get the bottles in order to get into the water dungeon.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2008
  4. dDave

I know that it is going to take an incredibly long amount of time but I am going to do it no matter how many months I need to play Zelda for I am going to finish every Zelda game that I own.

Can I ask why you stalled at Majora's Mask? and also why you won't have any of the games again until you get a wii?

The bottles are incredibly hard to get in that game but I'm not so sure that you absolutely need the bottles to get into the dungeon, I have a friend who says that he beat the game with only one bottle.

Mirage likes this.
  5. Doc

I took a break, had some family problems, then just kind of forgot about MM. I think I was playing other games, too. At that time I even had Wind Waker to play and Twilight Princess wasn't out yet. I just forgot.

I can play Majora's Mask if I want to, I have it, but I have way too many 360 games on my plate to beat. I was playing on the Collector's Disk, but I traded all of my Gamecube stuff in on a whim one day a little over a year ago. I'm going to buy it back, and all of the games I had. I really miss that thing.

6. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

Wow, you really have your work cut out for you. Those were probably the two easiest games.
    You know you can slow down time, right?
    You'll be asking a lot of questions for Zelda 2, trust me. I have a ton of advice to give you for that game if you need help, which you will.
    Yeah, I think you can beat it with one bottle. A couple of them aren't that hard to get though.

Also, I noticed that you mentioned Steve a lot. The Zelda Quest idea was his, but I participated too. I think I got like 75% of the way through MM before I quit. I hope to start a new Quest whenever I get Legend of Zelda.

7. Doc

And, yet again, I'm tempted to pick up Majora's Mask but have way too many great games slated ahead of it. Ah, green N64, how thee have become obsolete.

8. dDave

Yes i know that those are probably the 2 easiest games because I was easily able to beat them I like games that I have to work at.

Yes I did know that you could slow down time by playing the song backwards or playing the notes twice each I can't remember which does which.

I probably will be needing help on Zelda II but I won't be there for a few days at least, but I might consider starting there because really I beat The Legend Of Zelda but died on Ganon and it's not worth doing the whole game again for that. Yes I do know about the second world, it's where I couldn't beat Ganon.

I will definitely ask you for help if I need any in Zelda II

If you want to go and get the Zelda Collectors edition disc then go and buy one on ebay they aren't all that expensive considering that you get 4 of the best Zelda games ever.

Mirage likes this.
  9. Vegito728

Vegito728 Registered Member

The only way to beat MM is to slow down time with the inverted song of time. It's impossible without it.

If you need any help at all just pm or aim me I'd be happy to help you. Good luck on your very epic adventure.

A little tip for you, don't get frustrated, I'm sure you will but if you do just take a break because if you play while frustrated then you won't get anywhere. It's how Zelda games work, they play with your mind.:shake:

10. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

It's definitely not impossible. It's actually possible to beat the entire game in the first three days after getting the ocarina and playing the Song of Time for the first time. So it couldn't be that hard to beat the game on normal speed in however many days you need.