SEGA dDave's Sonic Quest

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by dDave, Jan 31, 2008.

1. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

This is my second quest, some of you may have seen it coming, I love doing quests they make playing games a lot more fun.

Here are the Sonic Games that I have

Sonic The Hedgehog (Genesis & GC)
    Sonic The Hedgehog (Game Gear)
    Sonic The Hedgehog 2 (Genesis & GC)
    Sonic The Hedgehog 2 (Game Gear)
    Sonic The Hedgehog 3 (GC)
    Sonic Chaos (Game Gear)
    Sonic and Knuckles (GC)
    Sonic Spinball (GC)
    Sonic 3-D blast (GC)
    Sonic Rush (DS)
    Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine (Genesis & GC)
    Sonic 2 Adventure Battle (GC)

I just love the Sonic Series what can I say? Obviously in this quest the level skipping cheat codes are allowed because the game doesn't save your progress, and I don't know of anybody who can just sit down and finish off an entire sonic game in one sitting, I need to do it over a period of time or else it's not fun.

Here's what I have already Beaten

Sonic The Hedgehog (Genesis & GC)
    Sonic The Hedgehog (Game Gear)
    Sonic The Hedgehog 2 (Genesis & GC)
    Sonic The Hedgehog 2 (Game Gear)
    Sonic Chaos (Game Gear)
    Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine (Genesis & GC)

That's a pretty good amount of the games considering that most people haven't even finished Sonic The Hedgehog.

Some of the games for Game Gear and Genesis might have the same name but the games are completely different except the fact that you are still running around as a hedgehog all of the levels are different and none of the same zones exist except for Green Hill Zone and Scrap Brain Zone in any of the games.

I will be doing this quest just like my other one and will be updating it as I progress through the games but of course I won't be asking for help because Sonic games are far too simple to ask for help with.

I will be starting at the beginning regardless of which games I have already beaten and will work my way through, but I won't be playing the Game Gear Games because I don't want to go and play those games again I will only be doing the stuff that isn't on game gear maybe I'll do game gear after I finish everything else because those games are still good and I like the system.:D

This will not be interfering with my Zelda quest it will be a very small thing on the side until I finish one of the quests, this one is likely to be finished first though because the games are so much shorter and easier.

2. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

Good luck, dude. That's a lot of Sonic games.

3. dDave

Yeah I know, it's definitely going to take some time to do, but luckily sonic games don't take too long to beat if you are really going for it, 2-3 hours for Sonic The Hedgehog for me, I used to have a video of me beating the entire game with a very minimal amount of deaths in like 2 hours but I lost it and have no idea where it is, I really wish that I did know, because I'd post it.

Somebody should join me in my quest...

4. Chaos

Chaos Epic Gamer V.I.P. Lifetime

The only ones in that list that I've played are Sonic 1, Sonic 2, Sonic Spinball, and Sonic and Knuckles, all for the Sega Mega Drive. All awesome.

dDave, thou art a Legend.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2008
  5. dDave

why am I a legend?

Last edited: Mar 18, 2008
  6. Chaos

Chaos Epic Gamer V.I.P. Lifetime

'Cos of the quest. Sonic rocks.

7. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

A Sonic quest would be a lot more fun for me than a Zelda quest. I enjoy Sonic more because it's fast paced. How far into this quest are you?

You should totally ignore any Sonic game from Dreamcast on. The new ones completely lost the Sonic feel if you ask me.

8. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

I thought that Sonic Adventure was a pretty fun game.

9. dDave

sonic adventure was okay, I never thought that it was a good idea for sonic to jump into 3-D even if it was sort of a necessity, everyone has to admit that the 2-D sonic games were much more fun.

10. Hi_Im_Tim

Hi_Im_Tim I am Heavy Weapons Guy

dDave how many quests do you have?