• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

PC Games dDave's Mass Effect Progress Thread

dDave

V.I.P.
If I may say so, parts of Mass Effect 2 are ludicrously, insanely, unspeakably, and inexcusably hard.

I just finished the Collector Ship. I remember this mission being easy on Normal many years ago. Is intolerably hard on Insanity. I lucked out big time that I got one of the best guns in the game right before starting the first fight in this mission.

The whole game seems to have really picked up in difficulty from Horizon onward, recruiting Thane, Recruiting Tali, Horizon, and the Collector ship, all very hard, especially that last one.

Really loving this game though. It's definitely better the second time around.

dDave

V.I.P.
And another brutally hard part out of the way today. The Migrant Fleet (Tali's Loyalty Mission). You're in incredibly tight rooms that are just filled with Geth. About half of them shoot at you while the other half moves in on you very quicly, always a deadly combo. It was unfairly hard, I managed though. It's kind of awkward when your enemies can kill you in one to two shots and you can't kill them by unloading three full clips in the time it takes them to walk up to you.

I've considered turning the difficulty down from Insanity but I can't make myself do it. I want that achievement. :lol:

dDave

V.I.P.
I'm currently 2/3 of the way through the Overlord mission. Not bad, I feel like it's pretty easy and also incredibly lacking in dialogue/story so far.

I was planning to do Arrival after the Suicide mission but I didn't realize that going to rescue Dr. Kenson was the Arrival DLC mission. I finished it, thought it was alright, some major difficulty problems in some spots (suffice to say, I did not survive the 5 waves of enemies in the base to get the Last Stand achievement). I did appreciate that it gave Shepard a connection to the Alliance and helped to more clearly define Cerberus' role within the series as a whole.

I was going to do the Cerberus Cache mission with the 3 heavy mechs but it's too hard on Insanity. I don't need the XP, Credits, or Resources. I'm not too bummed that I decided to skip it. There is absolutely no purpose to this mission other than to boost XP and resources.

I don't have many missions left to finish the game.

-Firewalker
-Derelict Reaper (Reaper IFF)
-Legion's Loyalty Mission
-Suicide Mission
-Lair of the Shadow Broker

Don't think I'm forgetting anything there.

I want to take Legion to the Citadel and Illium because I know he has lots of really strange (and sometimes funny) comments about those places.

dDave

V.I.P.
Finished Mass Effect 2 yesterday. I was pleased with the outcome. I saved everyone on the suicide mission, had full paragon points, and did all the DLC I wanted to do (some of it for the very first time).

Mass Effect 3 is just plain exciting. There's SO much to do in the game and the scope is bigger than either of the previous two games by miles.

I gave ME3 a short start yesterday. I noticed that everyone (mainly Shepard and Ashley) got a lot whiter. The game just has that epic feel to it and I love it for that. I have all the DLC for the game, should take a long time to finish it all.

So far, I'm happy with the outcome of pretty much everything I've done. I've set myself up to get the absolute highest possible Effective Military Strength at the end of the game if I do the third game properly.

dDave

V.I.P.
I've had just a few days over the past three weeks or so that I've had lots and lots of time to play.

I'm nearly done with the game.

I'm really happy with the progression of the entire plot all the way up to where I currently am. The one mistake I made was telling Kelly not to change her identity and she ended up dying, ah well.

I've got some multiplayer (to get to 5000 ems), assaulting the Cerberus base, and the final mission before the game is over. Not a moment too soon either, I've been itching to play some N64 sometime soon. I did the citadel DLC today (the party part). It was... slow but quite amusing at times.

I'll be sure to post all three reviews when I'm completely finished.