• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

dDave's Avatar Library!

dDave

V.I.P.
I thought this would be a cool idea (and I encourage all of you to make threads like this if at all possible).

I just so happen to have every avatar I've ever used at GF saved to my computer.

Check these out (some of them haven't been used for years :lol:)

Here's my original avatar. It's very similar to my current avatar (which was actually my second avatar).

My second Avatar

My first DK related avatar

My best Donkey Kong Avy. (I've been considering switching back to this one)

My Christmas DK Avatar

The Legend of dDave

The Legend of dDave 2 (made because I'm not really a fan of the Link used in the first one)

Rebel Alliance dDave (I could switch back to this one, it was pretty cool)

Here are my two avatars I made for mustache week! (lots of people participated in this, I remember)

Here's an avatar I used to poke fun at SwiftStrike for a while (notice it's similarly styled)

And now the avatar protests (there were several). These generally follow the mustache theme! :lol:

Hybrix's avatar protest (he did change it because of this)

SwiftStrike's avatar protest (he still has the same avatar)

ysabel's avatar protest (I particularly hated this avatar and ysabel never did change it)

Kiwi's avatar protest (we must have had at least 20 people using this exact avatar)

Last edited:

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
That's cool. I WISH I had all my old avatars but I don't, I usually delete them off my computer once I don't need them anymore. Mine have all been really random and not related to each other. They don't have a theme like yours.

dDave

V.I.P.
That's cool. I WISH I had all my old avatars but I don't, I usually delete them off my computer once I don't need them anymore. Mine have all been really random and not related to each other. They don't have a theme like yours.
I like the themed stuff. Shockingly it's almost 100% Nintendo. :lol:

You should try and dig through some old files, google images, etc. and try to find as many of your old avatars as you can.

I know you had that picture of a bird for the longest time, can't really remember the others, though I'd recognize them.

dDave

V.I.P.
The avatar Library has finally gained a new member!

This one is meant to be sort of a creative and highly stylized representation of the main character of my novels. To protect myself, I won't share the name publicly (though I'd be perfectly willing to tell several of you in private that I know I can trust). I didn't make this art but it perfectly encapsulates how I imagine my protagonist. (ok, maybe not the fire sword part, but the coolness factor :lol:)

This avatar is taken from a portion of this image...

I actually have a fairly large collection of stylized art such as this, mostly themed around high fantasy. I have a folder for characters and another for landscapes/cityscapes/artifacts. I like to use visual art such as this to draw inspiration.

Last edited:

Taliesin

Registered Member
I loved you Link avatars the best. That's how I knew I was gonna like you, dDave. :D

dDave

V.I.P.
I loved you Link avatars the best. That's how I knew I was gonna like you, dDave. :D
I had quite a few Link avatars, yes. Two of them have "The Legend of dDave" proudly written in perfect Zelda font :lol:. The nerdiness might be out of control. The thing is though, I've been riding the same avatar train since like 2007 and I was getting kind of bored :lol:

The cool thing is that I know this character I've got now would beat Link into the ground easily. It's ok, everyone still knows that I like Nintendo :D That has not changed.

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
I approve of this new avatar. It's really awesome Dave. A bit more dark and mysterious than your usual avatars. I like it.