• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

DBZ really know suspense

HappyFace

Registered Member
I'm not saying that it was always perfectly written and such but when I was a kid and watching this show and just waiting and waiting over the course of about ten episode for a fight scene.

What I'm saying is DBZ really know how to keep the anticipation at a high at all times.

Altanzitarron

Tamer Of The LOLzilla
They kept it high to the point of annoyance sometimes but the fact that I stuck with it is a testament to it's appeal I suppose.

HappyFace

Registered Member
They'd spend about ten episodes powering up or what have you and you stuck it out just to watch the fight scenes.

Theodore_Bagwell

Registered Member
When I used to watch Anime, one emotion that comes up is suspense, and DBZ was pretty good in that category I remember..

viLky

ykLiv
DBZ reminded me of a soap opera with the narration at the beginning and the end, the 10 second facial stares/glances and the building up of suspense. Seemed more of a drama show to me. ;o

HappyFace

Registered Member
You gotta love it though, come one. Everyone got chills down their spine when Goku first turned super saijin and I do understand how that sounds haha.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Blur Anime 6
Pugz Anime 6
brysonlee Anime 2
Mirage Anime 5
Mirage Anime 14