• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Daytona 500 Thread

Sigurd

Internet Dig Dug
As hopefully more than 2 other people know this Sunday is the 53rd running of the Daytona 500. This one is rather special since this Friday is the tenth anniversary of the 2001 Daytona 500 in which Dale Earnhardt Sr died on the final lap. Also Dale Earnhardt Jr and Jeff Gordon are on the front row for the race.

Who here besides me will probably be watching this race in some way?

Konshentz

Konshentz
I have to work for some of it, but I'll definitely DVRing it and watching it when I get home. I used to be a huge racing fan, lost a lot of interest over the last handful of years but I'm slowly getting back into it.

It's crazy to think it's been ten years since Earnhardt died. Time flies. Although I wasn't an Earnhardt fan, I can respect what he did for the sport and I'll be looking forward to the tributes.

I'll be rooting for Gordon & Johnson.

BigBob

Registered Member
Well my guy did terrible in the shootout, finished 11th because Hamlin got DQ'd and was forced to finish 12th. Although Tony is starting 9th, he seemed to slow up once he got close to making it into the 'Top 5' during the Bud Shoot Out.

All I can say is I'm looking forward to the "Big One" this year because everyone will be so close together going 200+, you never know who'll make it out of it.