Daylight Savings

Discussion in 'The Bathroom Wall' started by oxyMORON, Mar 13, 2007.

1. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

Is this screwing up anybody's schedule? It's a couple weeks early this year. Our school's system hasn't changed over yet so nearly everything done with timers/timing is done manually.

The government controls time. literally!:scared:

2. Malificus

Malificus Likes snow

Apart from some webcomics appearing an hour later than usual, no. My Schedules fine.

I dislike Daylight Savings Time. Because really, in this day and age, what purpose does it have?

3. Kyo_Muramasa

Kyo_Muramasa Nefarious Kaizoku Capt'n

Farming. It's all about the Farmers and how they have an extra hour of life to do Farmer stuff. I hate it though, I can't get my sleep patterns right again >.< But it does have a good thing coming from it though for ppl like me who like to play sports outside in the evening, a good game of ball get's one more hour woot!*dances*

4. wyldesykosis

wyldesykosis Feral

yea, but now it doesn't matter if its night time are not if they work considering our technology allows to somehow "magically" illuminate dark areas (lights). so daylight is no longer required...

5. Iris

Iris rainbow 11!

x.X Originally it was so people back when Benny Franklin was alive could save on candles and stuff.

So what's the use now? It only saves like 1% of the power in California.

6. Hikaru_Youkai

Hikaru_Youkai Registered Member

It's a huge pain in the butt. I know that when we get back to school, the bell system is going to be really messed up, and a ton of people are going to be late for school because the time will probably be earlier than real-life time.

7. Kazmarov

Kazmarov For a Free Scotland

One percent of the power my state consumes is a monsterous amount. We import more oil than any other state, and saving energy and thus oil in the process is a big help.

8. wyldesykosis

wyldesykosis Feral

Makes perfect logical sense to me actually.....I didn't think of it from that perspective.....

9. ChinUp

ChinUp ยค Breathe

You would think with our modern tech we could resolve the issue of having to turn back the clocks .. asses the actual time & stop following an old system that is faulted .. this whole Christian based time set up is dated, from a time when the church denied the reality that the earth was round .. time for a change ..