• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Daylight savings time

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
As most of you know tonight we spring ahead an hour. I wish they would stop doing this. I think its time for this practice to die. It takes me a week to get use to the new time, getting annoying.

What do you think?

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Getting one less hour of sleep one night a year increases risk of heart attack? I think that's a bit of a stretch as a legit reason to get rid of daylight savings time. I guess it's a risk to travel across time zones then as well.

dDave

V.I.P.
I don't like the loss of an hour but I do think that it will help me pace my days a bit better. It's been getting dark pretty early around here.

I think daylight savings is a good idea.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I hate it, let it get dark a little early. That will give the melatonin in your body time to build up before it gets too late.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I like spring forward and hate fall back

I don't like getting home from work and it already being friggin dark

The only problem I have with it is that England doesn't change for another 3 weeks so it confuses me when talking to Rebecca haha (I'm used to a 6 hour diff, not 5...although 5 is better)

Envy

Band Nerd ♫
Screw Springing forward, and screw Spring. Lol.

I work overnights so these changes always create some complication, they always change right at lunch time so we have to take lunch super early or late. D:

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Glad someone finally agrees with me. This daylight savings time isn't necessary.

Bet that is a pain for you Envy. I would hate it.

Konshentz

Konshentz
I hate it and wish it would go away. It makes the later months even more depressing when it's dark at 4 o'clock.

And yeah, that John Oliver piece was pretty funny.