Day of Silence

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Iris, Apr 17, 2008.

1. Iris

Iris rainbow 11!

The day of Silence this year will be held on April 25th. If you have no idea what this event is, go here.

Will you be participating in it? Will you be helping your GSA if you have one? What is your school/work doing on that day?

I can't wait. Once again, I'll be getting talk cards for everyone. Tomorrow I'll be printing five pages in the morning every morning until Friday.

What are you guys going to use to communicate with people? I bought a dry erase board for the event. :nod:

I'm so freaking excited!

2. R1pperZ

R1pperZ Registered Member

☼confused☼:-/
    Day of silence?
    for who or what?

I missed that memo..

I like the idea though, one day w/o listening to peoples BS
    I'm loving it already!

Edit: Oh I C silence=non-toleration of da bullies apparently..

Last edited: Apr 17, 2008
  3. Iris

Iris rainbow 11!

Did you read my post? If you don't know what it is, go to the link. :/ In fact, here...

"[FONT=Helvetica, sans-serif, Arial] The Day of Silence (DAY of SILENCE : April 25, 2008), a project of the Gay, Lesbian and Straight Education Network (GLSEN), is a student-led day of action when concerned students, from middle school to college, take some form of a vow of silence to bring attention to the name-calling, bullying and harassment -- in effect, the silencing -- experienced by LGBT (lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender) students and their allies. This year’s Day of Silence will be held in memory of Lawrence King."

[/FONT]DAY of SILENCE: Get Information - Frequently Asked Questions

4. R1pperZ

R1pperZ Registered Member

I thought you were reffering to earth day.. Happens to be the 22nd.. :heh:

5. Phoenix

Phoenix Fee-nix

I will be participating with my school's GSA. We are going to hand out signs which we put on lays (that will stimulate many "Laid" jokes), saying what the day of silence is and why that person is participating. I think we are also going to play music by members of the GLBT community.
    I am looking forward to it. :D

6. Envy

Envy Band Nerd ♫

I don't think my school even has such a thing. =/

A true shame... Although I probably wouldn't be a member of it. Nobody needs to know who I am. :mad:

7. Iris

Iris rainbow 11!

I just want to wish everyone good luck today! I hope nothing bad happens and merry meet!

8. Swiftstrike

Swiftstrike Registered Member

I never even heard of this.

9. Turbo

Turbo Registered Member

its a nice idea but i don't see it working outside of high schools. too much of todays society requires verbal conversation that i don't see anyone in regular society doing this.

10. Corona

Corona Registered Member

Meh. That's about all I feel about this.

Major likes this.