Day dreams vs. Night dreams

Which do you prefer?

• Total voters
I know, they are two totally separate things, one you have control over, the other you don't. But, which do you prefer?

I like daydreaming because I have complete control over my thoughts/fantasies and can control the outcome. I have a very vivid and visual imagination so my daydreams can sometimes seem as real as my night dreams.

I don't like dreaming at night because I have no control over the outcome and I hate the feeling of waking up and still feeling like the dream is with me. What's worse is when a sad or depressing dream follows you around all day and puts you in a depressed mood.

So, which one?

still nobody's bitch
I don't daydream much. I love a good night dream that leaves you all warm & fuzzy when you wake up, but then the nightmares or even just icky dreams that stick with you all day are horrid.

I guess I don't have a good answer for you.

My daughter and I both had bad dreams all night last night :-/

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
I like daydreaming that continues to nightdreaming. That way I can get the best of both worlds: having control in the beginning and making it feel more real in the end. It's what I like about night dreams, for a certain period of time you are in a world that seems real (it happens without you trying to put an effort to imagine stuff) until the point you realise that it's just a dream.

4 legs good 2 legs bad
Even though I had a terrible dream last night, I still prefer night dreaming. There's really no comparison. They feel so real it's like you're actually experiencing everything instead of just thinking it.

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
For me it's night dreams that I prefer over day dreams, another reason for that is because I hardly sleep during the day, so its hard for me to get day dreams when I'm awake during the day. But I have to admit for the last few months I've had some really, really weird dreams.

For a Free Scotland
My night dreams tend to be very touch based, and consist more of feelings than images. Day dreams I have tend to be pleasant and more coherent. Given that I chronically from about 2 to 10 I had chronic issues with nightmares, it's kind of made me hate them. Day dreams in a rout.

Alfred :: Gotham Hero
night dreams. and actually, you can control your night dreams, its just much harder than daydreaming, but that sa different topic. ;)

Living on the 0th floor
Night dreaming for sure! I am not a big daydreamer; maybe because I do not have a very good imagination. I think night dreams can really have a big meaning and a lot of connection to your real life and your past. I do not dream often, but I always feel at peace when I do. I have nightmares more often than pleasant dreams, yet I still would rather night dreams over day dreams.