• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Movies Day After Tomorrow

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
The visuals were quite good, I guess I just didn't care for much else outside of the visual effects. It was just too standard in terms of story, like it had been done plenty of times.

A

Anonym0uz Bitch

Well they had several disasters in the film, which has not been done that often.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Let's not forget people this is a movie so they couldnt put the disaster longer then they happened. They tried to make this movie as realistic as possible and I think they did a good job of that. But the trailer was very deceiving.

A

Anonym0uz Bitch

They made it realistic, if the process was to occur in a matter of weeks, but they could have did like a trilogy, that would have been neat.

K

kajin_phoenixlord

I thought that movie was really good. I haven't sen anything thing that distructive since Independance Day. The concept of a new Ice Age was pretty good, but it puts a thought in the back of your mind that it could happen. lol

A

Anonym0uz Bitch

Well I am sure it will eventually happen again, but in quite a few years.

K

kajin_phoenixlord

Yeah, I think it could too. I'm just glad it's not in our lifetime. At least I don't think it is. *laughs nervously

A

Anonym0uz Bitch

Nah, I wouldnt expect anything that extreme to happen in our lifetimes, unless we live for like an extra hundred years or something due to medicine.

S

scriver058

After Independence Day (a favorite of mine), it's been pretty much downhill for end of the world movies, and this is the low point. This movie sucked hard.

Italiano

Film Elitist
I saw this movie in theaters when it came out. It is worth a rent and to some, probably seeing in theaters.

But there were a lot of downgrades in the movie as well. Most of it was very unrealistic in terms of the storyline.

Yes, this process of the earth recovering is true, but this won't occur for another hundred thousand to million years. And the process wouldn't take two days either. It would take a lot longer than 3 days for all of that to occur.

And on a side note, the opening scene when they were in the Arctic, you would never take off your face mask... Your face would get frostbite faster than a pizza would disappear at a weight watchers convention.