• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Movies DaVinci Code

Italiano

Film Elitist
oxyMORON said:
Well practically the only reasons people make movies are to ENTERTAIN people and rake in their money.
Thank you. Finally someone else here knows the difference between fiction and nonfiction.

Anybody who takes something they saw in a hollywood film dead seriously needs to walk in front of an oncoming semi and rid the world of their stupidity.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
Italiano said:
oxyMORON said:
Well practically the only reasons people make movies are to ENTERTAIN people and rake in their money.
Thank you. Finally someone else here knows the difference between fiction and nonfiction.

Anybody who takes something they saw in a hollywood film dead seriously needs to walk in front of an oncoming semi and rid the world of their stupidity.
Vote YES for chlorine in the gene pool!

Swiftstrike

Registered Member
I didnt read the book. However, i did see this movie. I like the ideas it presents just interesting and intriguing. Makes you think even though its Christian Fiction.

The movie overall i thought the monk silas would be a little scarier or there would be more of a thriller aspect to the movie.

It was worth the 8 bucks and i dont go to the movies often.

Hinata

La Coquette
Swiftstrike said:
I didnt read the book. However, i did see this movie. I like the ideas it presents just interesting and intriguing. Makes you think even though its Christian Fiction.

The movie overall i thought the monk silas would be a little scarier or there would be more of a thriller aspect to the movie.

It was worth the 8 bucks and i dont go to the movies often.
I agree with you on that one Swiftstike. I mean the movie was great but on the thriller aspect I was expecting something more. I guess with the movie moving as quickly as it did it was unable to give you that thru thriller feel. But besides that good acting very similar to the book and I love the way the director brought it all together in certain scenes which they incorporated the past. (That may have been what people laughed about)

But it does present a lot of good information if you ever wish to delve into a quest for the Holy Grail!!!

Italiano

Film Elitist
It did lack that sort of thriller edge, but I still think this was a great flick.

It still left me wanting to know what was going to happen next. Not necessarily the same as giving you that thriller feeling, but still projects a strong effect.

A

Anonym0uz Bitch

It was a bit to faced pace, compared to the book at least.

SenatorB

J.S.P.S
I hear the dialogue was pretty bad... anybody care to back that up?

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
SenatorB said:
I hear the dialogue was pretty bad... anybody care to back that up?
Tom Hanks' character Robert Langdom was horribly written, he was so dry.

A

Anonym0uz Bitch

I didnt find the dialogue to be THAT bad, compared to some other movies.

E

Emperor

I won't be seeing it for a while. I'm reading "Angels and Demons" first, before "The Da Vinci Code" -- Then seeing the movie. I'm going through perfect order. I find it amazing people are taking this so seriously, the movie and the idea. It's fiction, deal with it. I remember reading reviews about the book on Amazon, and someone posted a thread saying: 'This book should be banned from America.' -- Amazon deleted it the same day I believe.

Idiot.