• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

David Ortiz 500

goingtopshelf

Registered Member
Love him or hate him David Ortiz became the 27th player to reach the 500 HR mark with two homers off Matt Moore in St Pete tonight.

Ortiz joins Albert Pujols as the only players to hit #499 and #500 in the same game. Harmon Killebrew and Mark McGwire each hit #500 and #501 in the same game. They are the only four players with a multiple home run game the night of the milestone.

He is also one of four players with 500 homers and three World Series titles joining Babe Ruth, Mickey Mantle and Reggie Jackson.

It was also really nice to see many Rays fans applaud the achievement.

Last edited:

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
It's a great achievement, but to me he's not a hall of famer, and it's not because he got busted for PED's, but because he was a DH most of his career.

goingtopshelf

Registered Member
It's a great achievement, but to me he's not a hall of famer, and it's not because he got busted for PED's, but because he was a DH most of his career.
Funny thing is Hall voters say they want complete players but they've voted for average and poor defensive players and non-pitchers are put in the Hall mostly off their offensive numbers yet DH's like Ortiz and Edgar Martinez are being excluded.

It's a gigantic contradiction.