• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

David Bowie Dies

thealigator

Registered Member
I was never a massive fan of his music however I will never doubt his impact on music in the same way that the likes of Michael Jackson, Elvis Presley or Barry White did.

Rest in peace sir.

Bubbles

I ♥ Haters
I saw this on Facebook this morning and dismissed it as hoax at first. I had no idea he was battling cancer. Farewell, Ziggy. I'll miss you. Your music got me through some troubling times.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I didn’t know he was battling cancer, either. Maybe some celebrity secrets can be kept afterall, in this Internet age. What a great talent and I liked most all the old stuff. Under Pressure with Freddie Mercury was pure genius. RIP Bowie.

thealigator

Registered Member
It was very bizarre. I was listening to the radion at around 6.50 uk time this morning and went online, I initially saw a post claming it was fake but then saw another news story that confirmed it as real. The presenter of the station did such a good job of keeping it togeather and you could tell he was just gutted.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
With the deaths of Bowie and Robin Williams, we've lost a decent percentage of our cultural creativity in 15 months.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
R.I.P. to a legend. I was never a huge personal fan but I always liked his music and acknowledge him as a legend. It's funny that when you go back and listen to some of his songs you recognize more of them than you thought you would. He's kind of sewn into the fabric of music culture.

I really give him credit for putting out a new album while sick. I'm going to have to give it a listen soon.

Christian Ward, one of my favorite comic book artists, drew this today. Love it:

The_Chameleon

Grandmaster
Bowie helped shape more than the course of the music industry, but also the character of an entire generation. His music had a well earned place amongst the songs of my youth and I was very saddened to hear of his passing. God's speed David. Heaven's going to be a more colorful place now. :)

- Cham