David Blaine, hanging upside down for 60 hours

Discussion in 'Offbeat News' started by Mirage, Sep 24, 2008.

1. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

David Blaine is crazy. He's done some intense things and this is definitely one of them.

He's hanging upside down for 60 hours, coming down briefly each hour to relieve himself and have a quick medical checkup.

Magician Blaine to hang upside down for 60 hrs | Entertainment | Reuters

FOXNews.com - David Blaine Caught Taking Standing-Up Breaks - Celebrity Gossip | Entertainment News | Arts And Entertainment

Now that's insane. I know I couldn't do it even with the brief breaks.

He is currently doing this right now. It ends tonight on ABC, where he will fall 44 feet (Dive of Death), probably onto a large inflatable target or something.

2. Pugz

Pugz Ms. Malone V.I.P. Lifetime

It's not much of a trick if he's taking breaks, i don't think it's as impressive as some of his others.

3. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

Yeah but there's no safety net, Pugz. It's a very dangerous stunt.

4. Mirage

Have you ever hung upside down though? Even after a few minutes it starts to get bad. From the sound of the article he's not taking very long breaks. Just enough time to go to the bathroom if necessary and receive a quick medical checkup. My guess is 5 minutes per hour.

It's impossible to sleep hanging upside down and 60 hours of spending 90%+ of each hour upside down would definitely be pretty difficult, not to mention dangerous.

I don't think it's quite as cool as some of his other feats though but it is still impressive.

5. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

Yeah, I don't think this is that impressive either. I mean, I'm sure it's extremely uncomfortable, but the hardest thing for me would be the boredom.

6. Mirage

Not to mention the massive headache from all your blood going to your head for so long. It has to be intense.

7. Pugz

Pugz Ms. Malone V.I.P. Lifetime

He's wearing a harness, which probably gets checked every hour as well, kinda lame.

8. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

I agree, compared to some of the things he's done in the past, this one isn't as impressive.
    I'm sure there are a lot of medical researchers who appreciate the stunt though. How many other opportunities will they get to study the effects on the body that hanging upside down like this may have.

9. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

Is it impossible to sleep hanging upside down (thinks of bats, haha) or is it he just intends to be awake (and hungry) the entire time of his stunt?

10. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

How is this lame though, just go on a head stand for a few minutes, will see how your able to take the blood going to your head like that. Yes he does get a few breaks, but it's not that long.

I agree it's not as impressive as his other stunts, but this is damn impressive in my opinion.