• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Dating vs Relationships

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
Which is the difference?
Which one do you like the most?

see...here in Albania we don't have the "dating" concept. You're either a friend to someone or a partner. nothing in between.
i guess dating is something between a friend and a partner?.
what's there about dating? i've heard there are kisses and maybe sex, but where does it differ from a relationship then?
or is it just to know the person better ?

i see people saying : i dated her for 6 months and broke up.
I had a relationship with her for 6 months and broke up.
:shifteyes:

how much time do you need to go from dating into a relationship?

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
The difference is exclusivity and commitment. You are dating if you are seeing more than one person, or if you're not ready to make the commitment to see only one person.

When it's monogamous, then it's a relationship.

There really isn't a set time for me to go from dating to a relationship...depends on how well I jive with them and how things progress.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
The difference is exclusivity and commitment. You are dating if you are seeing more than one person, or if you're not ready to make the commitment to see only one person.
hm....interesting.
but what do you define as "see"? hang out? or make out?

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
hm....interesting.
but what do you define as "see"? hang out? or make out?
I would define those under dating as well...unless it's platonic. And that platonic is referring to hanging out.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
well...seeing more than one person feels scorching(when it's not platonic) .... but it's fair.
most of the albanians wouldn't accept this.
if they see a person dating someone else as well...., they would give up.

Italiano

Film Elitist
Going along with what Anita said, a relationship involves commitment. It means you and the other person are involved emotionally, intimately and physically.

Dating more or less means that the relationship between two people is more or less physical or temporary. There's no larger commitment made with each other. With different couples it could be to a varying degree. Some are willing to stay faithful to each other, others are allowed to see other people.

Dating is more of a looser basis where as a relationship is of a more strict nature.