• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Dating Truth

Dabs

Registered Member
From a woman's magazine I was reading:

If a relationship feels like too much work after the first month, it'll be 10 times harder a year from now.

Do you agree or not?

Daemonic

Registered Member
I sometimes read parts of those magazines even though I'm a guy because they make me laugh quite a bit. It's just funny when they try to give guy advice that I know would completely turn me off but they tell these women it is how to treat their man.

Anyway, there is no "right" answer to that but I would say the statement itself is wrong. It might be worse or things could get better. It depends on the issues, the couple, and what is going on in each of their lives.

Last edited:

English-Emo-Boy

Supreme System Lord
V.I.P.
Impossible to answer and situations varie within relationships. It's just a nonsense statement.

Those magazines are predominantly crammed with baloney.

oxyMORON

A Darker Knight
"Feel like too much work" is just too vague. That alone makes that statement useless.

konboye

Registered Member
Guys, thats like the only statement that makes sense, coming out of a women's magazine. Think about it, if a woman is nagging at the beginning of a relationship, she will nag some more in a year's time. Now tell me that doesn't make sense?

Last edited:

MAgnum9987

Do What Thou Wilt
Impossible to answer and situations varie within relationships. It's just a nonsense statement.

I second this statement.

These talk out of their asses. ALOT. Or, thats what my sister tells me.

Wade8813

Registered Member
It'll usually be true. In the first month, a couple is generally in the "honeymoon" phase. Everything's lovey dovey - 'till your plans fall through.

On the other hand, if during the first month one of you has a parent go through cancer or something, that might make it harder than almost anything else you'll face.

BTW, the comments that those magazines are right/wrong are only legitimate if you actually know what you're talking about. To be honest, I don't know if the stuff they say is good or not (I'd imagine it depends on what magazine you're looking at). But it really wouldn't be hard for them to base their statements off of current, legitimate psychological studies.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.

This is the only real answer here. I know girls that make things feel like work, I know girls too careless to ever notice what a bad relationship would feel like. The one thing I notice about these magazines is they're all very me me me me. They make the relationship quite one sided and this just seems like another one-sided viewpoint. If it feels like work to you, it is possible it's your fault FYI but this magazine doesn't seem to pay attention to that aspect.

Dabs

Registered Member
I second this statement.

These talk out of their asses. ALOT. Or, thats what my sister tells me.
Hey MA....are you sure they're talking?? :lol:
I agree, you can't put a lot of stock in some magazines, men's or women's...they all just want to sell, sell, sell....to make money~

Kibi

Babeasaurus Sex
What a load of rubbish. And what is deemed as "Hard work"

eurgh I hate these sort of statements..you cant dictate how others relationships will go based on your own experience. You can but speculate.

Relationships are hard work sometimes - deal with it. If its a daily struggle then sure it may well get worse but a fight here and there or a few disagreements on whether red peppers taste nicer than green peppers isn't really an issue....

It's about compromise and emotions and satisfaction...