dating or just xxx

Discussion in 'Dating & Relationships' started by raye_raye, Jun 18, 2008.

1. raye_raye

raye_raye my bologna has a 1st name

some of my friends try to tell me that i just need to have friends that I 'associate' with and stay away from relationships. I have never just 'had friends' that i associate with. Anyone have any say? suggestions? criticism? or otherwise cents anyone would like to add to my knowledge fund?

2. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

I dunno how it works for females, but guys its kinda easy. When I was in the game there were certain girls I played with that I knew would never be anything more than that. I dunno what separated them from the "keepers" but whatever it is I rarely ever had any trouble spotting it.

As long as you are cool with the situation, I know there are some stiffs out there that will tell you you're doing the devils work. But them aside I believe that casual encounters like that help sharpen you for the ones you want to keep. That and imagine... if you poured your heart and soul out like I do in your relationships... Imagine how much that wears on you, emotionally, physically, or just generally. Bad relationships can take alot out of a person! So the way I see it, once you figure out who you're "Keepers" are you'll be able to save so much stress out of your own life. Mainly by separating out who is worth that extra effort in a relationship. I agree with your friends, loosen up, enjoy life a little, relationships are good but not completely necessary until you are ready.

3. shyguyjster

shyguyjster Registered Member

well, i think it's okay to have..."acquaintances" as you call them, but you shouldn't just stick with them, it's good to go out there and have relationships and dating, but, sometimes acquaintances can turn into more if you let them

4. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

Also! I'm assuming you're not into guys... so that makes casual acquaintances that much more easy. You dont have to worry about getting knocked up! So pardon my pun but.... Go out there and Taste the Rainbow! lmao.

5. Nightsurfer

Nightsurfer ~Lucky 13 strikes again~

:lol: Good one. Sorry but that was funny..Thanks for the laugh Ice..:cool:

Me, I had a few "Friends" AKA Romp buddies..It does keep you skills sharp for when you meet that Cretan someone who you decide to get exclusive with.

You have to use it or loose it. Hey I am guy so if one of my female friends said let's go.....I'm there! (But that was before I met my wife) oh yeah she like the fact that I played the filed before we met. More fun for her :D

6. Aella

Aella Registered Member

If you're not ready for relationships and then a 'friends with benefits' arrangement can work if you are both happy with the arrangement.

7. raye_raye

raye_raye my bologna has a 1st name

CAPITAL F YEAH!!

I love it! You just maybe my new best friend!

Last edited: Jun 18, 2008
  8. Cheomesh

Cheomesh Registered Member

Of course, we're telling you what you want to hear :).

I've found the "friends with benefits" thing either ends in a serious relationship you're unaware of (and subsequently waste), or an open relationship that erodes and eventually collapses the involved friendships.

Either way it's shallow and empty.

9. Altanzitarron

Altanzitarron Tamer Of The LOLzilla

The funny thing about relationships is, you never know whats going to happen. I don't know about anyone else but my attractions have sometimes shocked me beyond belief. I don't think I could possibley say that there are some girls I associate with that nothing would ever happen with... I like being suprised. I can't keep my interests under control to the point that I organise my associates into groups.

10. Sim

Sim Registered Member

Well I can just tell you how I see it, and maybe that's very limited. I generally see people as people, and when I like them, no matter if male or female, I am open for getting closer with them. In case of males, that's a good and deep friendship then, since I am not into sex with guys, in case of females, this either works out as a good friendship (most of the time), or maybe a relationship.

I hate this whole fuss about pretending to be strong and independant and not caring for the girl I'd like to have a relationship with. I think a good relationship should be based on mutual trust and should be something like a really good friendship in its core.

Of course you guys here will object, because most girls don't like that kind of guys. Most girls want a guy that harasses them, treats them bad and shows very few interest in them. Granted. Maybe that's why I only had four serious relationships so far. But some girls do not. And when they like it, it's certainly going to be a deeper, more trusting and more serious relationship.

At any rate, what I want to say is: Be trusting, be yourself and be honest to whomever you meet. The people who have a sense of honesty will value you for that. And when someone finds that intriguing, and searches for a really honest, trusting relationship, he or she will chose you for your values.

The good will win in the end. That's all I say.