Date a convict

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
Well maybe not whilst they're actually IN jail, but could you ever date someone who was a convict and spent time in jail? Would it depend on what they did or could you forgive their past and see beyond it regardless of their crime?

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
I'm tired of your spammy new threads lol.
Give us time to think about old threads first ...

No. I'd never date someone who's been jailed. I'd always be judgmental towards them.
The past matters to me.

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
I'm tired of your spammy new threads lol.
Give us time to think about old threads first ...

No. I'd never date someone who's been jailed. I'd always be judgmental towards them.
The past matters to me.
You hit the nail on the head right there Elly. I don't want to live in fear if this person will try to kill me or steal my stuff.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Really depends on what they were convicted of. If it was something small like possession of marijuana then I would be able to look past it and not really care at all. Most other things would bother me quite a bit I think.

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
I think it depends on what they were convicted of and only if they'd be willing to share everything with me about what they did and how they felt about it.

AeonFlux

I am the edge!
I've dated people who have served time, and I never felt like I was in danger or that they'd steal any of my stuff. I've had a few friends who have spent time in jail as well. It doesn't make them bad people...it just means that they made a mistake in the past. Of course it is something you should probably keep in the back of your mind, but not pass complete judgment on someone based on that factor alone. It does depend on what the crime is though...murder, for example, goes far beyond just doing something stupid.

Bliss

Sally Twit
Probably not. I think I'd be worried about it happening again. I wouldn't like to try and make a go of it with someone to then lose them. I would find it hard to trust them no matter what the crime was.