• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

"Dashing" Cody Rhodes

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
If you've been following WWE Smackdown!, you know that Cody Rhodes has been given a new semi-gimmick, "Dashing" Cody Rhodes. Basically the classic wrestler obsessed with his own looks.

At the same time, he seems to be getting somewhat of a push...his singles career looks to be starting well, just like his former Legacy counterpart.

What are your thoughts on this "Dashing" storyline? Too corny? A good fit for Rhodes? Where will it lead?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
It seems that he can pull it off, but I think this new gimmick as a chance to get annoying real fast. But in a way that's a good thing since he's a heel. I was really surprised to see Rhodes in the main event tonight, like you said it seems like he's getting a push.

Personally, I'm not a fan of Rhodes, never was and I doubt I'll ever be one. He's just not that entertaining in my eyes.

Should be interesting to see how far he gets pushed and if he can handle it.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I'm a fan of his, as you knew already probably, so this may cloud my judgment on the gimmick itself...it does have a chance to suck, but so far he seems to pull it off well - not overdoing a plot that could get ridiculous easily, working it well into matches, etc.

I don't see him winning MITB by any means (I'd be stoked if he did, lol), but I could see this character/push leading to a good IC Title run. He doesn't need the character, but it's a good time for it. DiBiase moved on to the trust fund thing, and I guess it wouldn't make much sense to leave Cody as just plain Cody.

Shooting_Palanx

The Rock is cooking atm..
I laughed when I saw his promo on Smackdown, he really does pull it off quite well. It's good that he's getting a new gimmick, but man is it me, or does all the Rhodes family members go through this weird gimmick change.

First we had Goldust, now we have Dashing Cody Rhodes. One word...BIZZARE! LOL!

Kratzenkov16

Registered Member
the gimmick sounds lame on the surface but i like it because i like rhodes...

i feel hes better then dibiase and i feel this gimmick will work...

i expect big things from him this year

Tucker

Lion Rampant
I guess I'm the odd man out here. It looked to me as though Cody wasn't really feeling it all the way. It was more like he was handed this package and told to run and he didn't want to say no or half-ass it. 'Heel Fonzie' seems kind of uninspired, by today's standards, no? I can't see this gimmick living five months.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Tucker, I told you to write more in the wrestling section. I have the same feeling as you. Cody Rhodes is not a superstar in the wrestling business, this gimmick is patheric, and I wish that his "brother" got the bush instead but you cant do anything about that.

Cody is a flash in the pan in my opinion.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Dashing Cody Rhodes...lol...I don't know about the name. I like Cody though. I think he's above average on the mic and has a good look overall. He's got the skill. I don't know if he's a future main eventer though.

We'll see how he progresses.

Tucker

Lion Rampant
I think he has potential to stay with the company for a long time due to his work ethic and, let's face it, his connections. I don't see him ever outshining Dustin. That may not even be the real long-term expectation, in fact.

When I first saw him dressed and preening like that, I went, Oh no, Deuce and Domino are back!

Shooting_Palanx

The Rock is cooking atm..
It's really hard to tell, whether they're taking him seriously with this gimmick, or they're just screwing him around....but than again Goldust was a pretty successful gimmick, so perhaps we might get a second coming.