Darren McCarty could be offered a contract with the Wings soon

Discussion in 'Hockey' started by Jeanie, Feb 21, 2008.

1. Jeanie

Jeanie still nobody's bitch V.I.P. Lifetime

Darren McCarty could be offered contract with Red Wings soon | Freep.com | Detroit Free Press

McCarty is exactly the kind of gritty enforcer that the Wings need right now. I really hope he comes back.

2. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I think they need a player like McCarty, the Wings aren't a tough team, and get push around to much sometimes, the only fighter they have is Aaron Downey, adding McCarty would be a great addition, he would be a good third or fourth line player, and has a lot of playoff experience, so he would be able to help in that aspect as well.

3. Sawithere

Sawithere Registered Member

Go Wings

I think that it is awesome that McCarty is coming back to the Wings. They showed a special on him the other night. I tried to get to Grand Rapids to see him play there, but they say he is ready for NHL action now. I only hope we see more Ozzy and less Hascek.

4. Jeanie

Jeanie still nobody's bitch V.I.P. Lifetime

THANK YOU! He makes me so nervous with his travelling out of the crease and flopping around on the ice. My 2-year-old daughter makes me call her Dominik Hasek and I keep trying to talk her into being any other goalie, but no it has to be Hasek :rolleyes:

5. padd

padd Registered Member

Dean was good for the flames in their very short, distance going 7 game, 1st round in 2006. to bad they couldn't beat the Ducks that year.