• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Dark Scorpion's or Elemental Hero's

• Thread starter imported_SexyKungfuSammy
  • Start date
I

imported_SexyKungfuSammy

Hey I was just wondering about Dark Scorpion's and Wondering could elemental heros beat them or would the scorpions own the so called heros?

How do they stack

Dark Scorpion- 6 Monsters 1 spell 1 trap each monster have good effects along with a staple card"Don Zaloog"

Elemental hero's- 9Monsters 7 fusions, More traps and spells then i care to know Almost all e heros have mediocre effects but still hold up a staple card"elemental hero Wildheart"

Is is Possible these old school monsters and grave robbers get arrested by the New Over supported Heros?

Or do the E hero's will sit in there ummmmm Elemental hero headquaters cring.^^ Tell me which deck would be better and why.

Kos4Evr

Registered Member
I personally prefer Dark Scorpions myself. The fact that they are all Dark (Mystic Plasma Zone) and Warrior (A.Forces) means they have a certain synergy E-heros lack. Being extremely searchable (thanks to Meanae) the entire deck capitalizes on the decks varying abilities and ultimately swarm thanks to Mustering of the Dark Scorpions. Mustering is searchable by Meanae, can potentially fill the field with warriors and get Gorg out for no tribute.

I will take a closer look at the individual parts of ther deck.

Don Zaluug - the boss, he is in many decks for his versatility and hand control or 2 cards from deck.

Cliff the Trap Remover - anti-stall in that damage can destroy any m/t on the field or 2 cards from deck.

Meanae the Thorn - the recruiter,she can search out any Dark Scorpion support card including Mustering of the Dark Scorpions and the trap Dark Scorpion Combination. She can retrive from deck or grave to hand and is the heart of the deck.

Chick the Yellow - with Makyura the Destructor (also a dark warrior) and Call of the Haunted he had his own 1 turn kill because of his ability to return any card on the field to the hand of its owner when he inflicts damage. Also able to see 1 card on top of your opponent's deck.

Gorg the Strong - Strong yes, at 1800 he is stronger than any of the other Dark Scorpions. However, strong yes, smart no. Has 2 of the worst effects tying with Chick. He can return 1 monster on the field to its owners hand or send 1 card from the top of the deck to the grave. He clears the way for the weaker Scorpions similar to how Cliff does for Gorg.

Now before moving on I'd like to point out that between Don, Cliff and Gorg you can send 5 cards from the top of their deck to the grave and with Chick see the next one. You take away their options with these guys.

Also there is the monster Dark Scorpion Burgulars which I shall explain below:

it is a monster with the same stats as Chick, and it is similar to Vlords "you opponent chooses 1 card of a type to send from their deck to the grave" only it has been decided that it is a spell for you. Not a bad card to have just not compatible with Combination.

Mustering of the Dark Scorpions - the swarm of the deck, retrivable from deck or grave by Meanae and swarming up to 4 monsters to the field if you have this in your hand and Don Zaluug on the field. This also make A.Forces playable as with this and a Don and a drop of 2 or 3 Dark Scorpions you can give everyong up to a 1000 attack boost for a full field. A 2400 attack Don is a scary thing, but what about a 2800 attack Gorg?

And finally Dark Scorpion Combination, a trap that requires Don, Cliff, Meanae, Chick and Gorg on the field to activate. Each one gets to attack directly but the total damage will only be 2000 meaning each Scorpion is only allowed to do 400 damage with the activation of this card. Not bad if you activate every one of there effects. Up to a possible 5 cards from the top of their deck and retrive Combination to do it again while getting a look at their next move.

I guess if you substistute Dark Scorpion Burglars for Chick you can send up to 6 cards from their deck to the grave, just can't activate Combination. A.forces + Mustering = a team of beatsticks that can do more than just damage. I'll let some one else explain the E-heros.

Turbo

Registered Member
Very nice analysis kos. A correctly built Dark Scorpion deck can be quite a threat. i still stand by my theory that e-heros are playable utilizing warrior support cards. the fusions are useable, true that they won't last long but what monsters do. however, if given the choice of those two decks and only being allowed to use one in a tournament; i would surely choose the scorpions.

I

imported_SexyKungfuSammy

I would agree with both. but I still feel Dark Scorpion is better as stated by kos they are mo united dark warriors so i can you a feild card to buff thier power with the a. forces as well.

R

Ragnarok General

Personally I think both are pretty...umm...well I wouldn't say pathetic but not my style of play....but if I HAD to choose between the two I would most deff pick E-heros....I have seen my friend and fellow teammate just "play around" with them and if you at least get polymerization in your first hand you can do quite a bit of damage.

G

Gotenks1215

Scorpions obv. E-Hero's can't stand up to a deck type that has GOOD monsters to start with >_>.

O

OneVato

I agree with Kos that Dark Scorpions are better in terms of usage. However, it's impossible to overlook that fact that e-heros will rarely have a dead draw. If everything falls into place the Scorpions will clearly come out on top. however, in a 40 card deck, that's going to be rare, while the e-heroes have numerous support cards to help them maintain field presence, and it's not too difficult to use one of the thousands of fusion cards they get to summon a better e-hero.

and if all that doesn't convince you, just watch the show. It's proof enough that the Elemental Heroes are the new Chaos Emperor Dragon, destroying everything in its wake.

Kos4Evr

Registered Member
Elemental Hearos are no where near as powerful as Chaos Emporer Dragon. That 1 card is more powerful than every Ehero card created. The Eheros have a toolbox of fusions but are dependant on so much support. Example, with only 3 Polymerizations and 3 Miracle Fusions we are looking at only 6 possible fusion monsters in a duel. And the individual support cards are so situational that its a joke. equips for only 1 maybe 2 monsters in a deck? They have searchability, yes and verstaility yes. But unless everything goes well they are garbage.

O

OneVato

Sarcasm bro ;)

Although I'm glad they made elemental heroes. It'd be nice if they'd make a set specifically for, so that I didn't have to spend $4 just to get a rare piece of crap. However, elemental heroes means you're pretty much guarunteed a win against any opponent under the age of 12. It amazes me how many kids have a fully constructed e-hero deck at tournaments around here. Granted, 1 tourney is in the "rich" side of town, so their parents will blow all kinds of money to shut their kids up... but still, it's always a thrill when I face a kid who starts out the duel by saying "you're so totally going to lose, I have $70 worth of elemental cards in here, so say goodbye". Ah... good times.