Dark Ruler Ha Des; Thursday, September 14th, 2006

Discussion in 'Cards & Board Games' started by Turbo, Sep 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Turbo

Turbo Registered Member

I have a gut feeling that this card could see play in the near future.

[​IMG]

The effect was great back in the day when Sangan and Witch were key cards in every build:
    As long as this card remains face-up on the field, negate the effects of Effect Monsters destroyed by Fiend-Type monsters on your side of the field in battle. This card cannot be Special Summoned from the Graveyard.

With recuiter decks most likely on the rise, Dark Ruler and a fiend based deck can put a hurt on that build. No deck thinning, no field presence, and no tribute fodder.

Although he cannot be special summoned; run a Pot of Avarice or 2 and he goes back in the deck to be resummoned. Add in a few monarch techs like Gravekeeper's Spy and Treeborn Frog for easier summoning and things could get fiendish fast.

Advanced: 4 out of 5
    Traditional: 3 out of 5

2. Kos4Evr

Kos4Evr Registered Member

You do realize Pot of Avarice is restricted to 1, right?

Anyway, Hades has always been powerful but its not easy to play. The fact that it was unsearchable and can't be special summoned from the grave have always held Hades back. But now Witch is banned and we have Return From the Different Dimension and Pot of Avarice to reuse a Hades put in the grave. Plus swarming the field with fiends is easier than ever. A properly built fiend deck teching a Hades or 2 can be brutal.

3. Turbo

Turbo Registered Member

i forgot about PoA, thanks for the correction.

However, Monster Reincarnation is another way to re-use Ha Des.

4. lavoidgaskins

lavoidgaskins Registered Member

Why would you want to use a -1.

oh and for some one who wanted to pos tthe restricted/limited list so bad you sure don't know whats what.

I'd have to say Ha Des may be good this format. He probaly should have gotten play last format, but what ever. If it starts to get play a lot then thigns will change and he'll hit the shadows again.

3: all formats

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.